WebEngage comes up with its report ‘The Customer Engagement Trends Report 2021’
Bengaluru, NFAPost: WebEngage, a leading Marketing Automation suite & Customer Data Platform for digital consumer businesses, announced the launch of its latest trends report – The Customer Engagement Report.
This report analyses business and consumer trends from 2020 across nine industries and seven channels. The changes that unfolded in the year 2020 turned things around for brands and led them to adopt a digital-first engagement strategy from 2021 onwards. The key insights from 2020 help us navigate through the new normal from 2021 and beyond.
Key Findings of The Customer Engagement Report
● 90.65% of all communication messages were sent through Mobile Push and Web Push Notifications
● 42% rise in channel engagement in July-September 2020
● 35.75% of all communication messages constitute of emails
● The use of Email and On-site notification increased by 21% & 71%
● 89.10% of all communication messages were sent through Mobile Push and Web Push Notifications
● 157% rise in SMS by the end of the year, 2020
Media & Entertainment
● 76.34% of all communication messages were sent through Mobile Push and Web Push Notifications
● 5.9x rise in In-app Notifications from JFM to OND, 2020
Travel & Hospitality
● 91.10% of all communication messages were sent through Mobile Push and Web Push Notifications
● 91% decrease in user engagement and 60% drop in on-site engagement
● 80.64% of all communication messages were sent through Mobile Push and Web Push Notifications
● 97% spike in adoption volumes for SMS in April- June 2020
With the onset of the pandemic, businesses had a tough time navigating through the crisis of disrupted supply chain and the dip in consumer spending. However, this also led to 71% of the customers spending more time online than earlier. This resulted in businesses adopting digital solutions to ensure continued user engagement.
The Customer Engagement Report analyzed data from 85+ million active users, 300+ million daily messages sent, 850+ million daily events to understand how users engaged during the pandemic.
Considering the all-time high digital adoption rate for both consumers and businesses, the report further studies the digital-first strategy implemented by various sectors and the corresponding user engagement throughout the year. It helps depict rapid acceptance of the multi-channel marketing automation by consumer brands around the globe.
Adding his thoughts, WebEngage Cofounder & CEO Avlesh Singh said the need of the hour is for companies to step up and provide humanised and personal experiences to their customers across multiple touchpoints.
“Marketers must prioritize the intelligent utilization of customer data in order to engage the new-age digital-first consumer effectively. This change is here to stay, and the trends will ring true all through 2021 and beyond, making it crucial for brands to step up their digital engagement,” Avlesh Singh.
The Customer Engagement Report by WebEngage unlocks access to crucial insights about omnichannel user engagement for consumer businesses to deliver an exceptional customer experience in 2021. It also analyses volume and engagement data from the pandemic year 2020 across nine industries and seven channels to uncover actionable insights that help a brand craft a digital-first engagement strategy.
WebEngage is a new age Retention Operating System, a single suite for marketers to store user data, provide actionable insights, orchestrate omnichannel campaigns by leveraging user insights to provide a hyper-personalized end-user experience. The platform helps brands drive more revenue from existing customers and anonymous users across 10 communication channels.
WebEngage goes above and beyond a marketing automation platform and powers the user engagement for thousands of enterprise brands worldwide, working across several industries like E-Commerce, Edtech, Fintech, Foodtech, Media & Publications, Gaming, BFSI, Healthcare, Online Retail. The key clientele includes marquee brands like HUL, Bajaj Finserve, Unacademy, ALT Balaji, Make my Trip, Zivame, First-Cry, and many more.