🇮🇳 *NFAPost Shuboudhay* 🇮🇳
*Today’s top News, 30 MAY 2021*
Today’s © top News
1. PM Modi will share his thoughts with the people in the country and abroad in the ‘Mann Ki Baat’ programme on All India Radio today @ 11 AM. It will be the 77th episode of the monthly radio programme. It will be broadcast on the entire network of AIR and Doordarshan and also on AIR News website www.newsonair.com and newsonair Mobile App. It will also be streamed live on the YouTube channels of AIR, DD News, PMO and Information and Broadcasting Ministry
2. PM Modi approved slew of measures under PM-CARES for Children scheme, including free education and an amount of Rs. 10 lakh on attaining the age of 23, among others . All children who have lost both parents or surviving parent or legal guardian or adoptive parents due to COVID-19 will be supported under PM-CARES for Children scheme.
3. Under the PM-CARES for Children scheme contribution will be done through the PM CARES Fund till the age of 18 years to create a corpus of Rs. 10 lakh for each child orphaned due to COVID-19. The beneficiary will be given a monthly stipend for five years from 18 years of age till he completes 23 years. On attaining the age of 23, the full amount of Rs. 10 lakh will be transferred to the beneficiary for his professional or personal use.
4. Ensuring free education to such Kids, under this scheme, children under 10 years of age will be given admissions in Kendriya Vidyalayas and private schools whereas provision has been made for educating kids between 11 to 18 years of age in residential schools including Sainik Schools and Navodaya Vidyalayas. Expenditure on uniform, text books and notebooks for beneficiary kids will be done through PMCARES Fund.
5. Karnataka Chief Minister B. S. Yediyurappa held a video conference with MLAs and MP of Mysuru, Hassan, Belagavi, Kalburgi and Vijayapura districts today on COVID containment measures.
6. The Assam government has announced Chief Minister’s Sishu Sewa Scheme for the welfare of those children who lost parents due to COVID-19.
7. In Mizoram, the ongoing restrictions of total lockdown will continue for another week . The State Disaster Management authority ordered that the total lockdown will continue till 4 a.m. on 7th of June.
8. The Ministry of Education launched YUVA- Prime Minister’s Scheme For Mentoring Young Authors. It is an Author Mentorship programme to train young and budding authors belows 30 years. The launch of YUVA (Young, Upcoming and Versatile Authors) is in tune with Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision to encourage young writers to write about India’s freedom struggle. It was during Mann ki Baat in January this year that Prime Minister Modi called upon the young generation to write about freedom fighters, and incidents associated with freedom struggle.
9. Due to COVID pandemic, Uttar Pradesh Government has cancelled the Class 10th Examination of State Education Board. Exam of Class 12th has also been rescheduled and it will not take place in the month of July and the exam pattern will also be changed.
10. Apex body of broadcasters, Indian Broadcasting Foundation (IBF) has extended its purview to cover digital streaming platforms. Also, it will be renamed as Indian Broadcasting and Digital Foundation (IBDF).
11• Govt cuts seating capacity in domestic flights to 50%, fares could go up• The Union civil aviation ministry on Friday reduced the seating capacity of domestic flights from 80% to 50% of their normal capacity from June 1. Fares for domestic travel could also get costlier as the ministry also raised the lower limit on fares by 13% to 16 %.
12. GST Council exempts import of Amphotericin B used for treating black fungus from levy of I-GST : The Finance Minister said, the GST Council has decided to waive I-GST on free COVID-19 related supplies imported from abroad. So far, the IGST exemption was available only when the relief items were being imported free of cost. This exemption has been extended till 31st August.
13. A day after the row over cyclone Yaas review meeting chaired by PM Modi, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Saturday said she skipped the meeting taking exception to presence of the opposition leader and asked the Union government to withdraw its order recalling Chief Secretary Alapan Bandopadhyay to Delhi.
14. Congress leader Rahul Gandhi has sent 10,000 home isolation, medical kits to his previous Lok Sabha constituency Amethi for the needy COVID-19 patients ,
15. The death toll in the Aligarh hooch tragedy went up to 22 on Saturday, and 28 more people are still in critical condition.
16. Two civilians were killed in firing by militants on Saturday in Anantnag district of Jammu and Kashmir.
17. Actor Randeep Hooda has been removed as ambassador of the Convention for the Conservation of Migratory Species of Wild Animals (CMS), an environment treaty of the United Nations, in the wake of surfacing of a nine-year-old video where he was seen making a joke on Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) leader and former chief minister of Uttar Pradesh, Mayawati.
Many on social media reacted to his remarks, terming it “casteist and sexist”. The video clip from an event, organised by a media house in 2012, went viral after it was shared on micro-blogging site Twitter early this week.
18• CRPF Chief Kuldiep Singh has been given the additional charge of the Director General of the National Investigation Agency (NIA) to replace Y C Modi, who retires on Monday.
19. The Indian Coast Guard (ICG) Ship ‘Sajag’ was commissioned by National Security Advisor, Ajit Doval on Saturday . According to the official statement by ICG, Sajag, the third in the series of 105 m offshore patrol vessels (OPVs) was commissioned by Ajit Doval.
20. Motivation Story of a Veer Nari: Wife of Pulwama martyr Major Dhoundiyal’s wife Nikita Kaul joins Indian Army Following in the footsteps of her husband Major Vibhuti Shankar Dhoundiyal, who laid down his life in Pulwama in 2019, was awarded SC (P).
Lieutenant Nitika Kaul on Saturday donned the Army uniform, Commander of the Army’s northern command Lt Gen Y K Joshi piping stars on her shoulders at a ceremony held at the Officers Training Academy in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. The decision to join Army and serve nation even after loosing her husband….🙏🏻 Inspires.
1 • France Likely To Partner India In Developing Six Nuclear-Powered Attack Submarines.
2• In a clear and unambiguous message to China, Army Chief Gen MM Naravane on Friday said there can be no de-escalation without complete disengagement at all friction points in eastern Ladakh, and that the Indian Army is prepared for all contingencies in the region.
3• The sixth batch of Rafale fighter jets comprising three aircraft landed in India on Friday (28 May). The Indian Air Force (IAF) is set to shortly kick off the flying operations of the second squadron of these planes in Hashmira situated in West Bengal.
4• The holding of the ceasefire between Indian and Pakistani armies along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir for the last three months has contributed to a feeling of peace and security and it is the first step towards a long road of normalisation of ties between the two countries.
5• Nepal Prime Minister K P Sharma Oli said the outstanding issues relating to the border issue with India will be resolved through diplomatic channels on the basis of historical accords, maps and factual documents .
6• External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar on Friday held wide-ranging talks with his US counterpart Antony Blinken and thanked the Biden administration for its “strong support and solidarity” with India at a moment of “great difficulty” for the country in combating the deadly COVID-19 pandemic.
7. Next week BRICS Foreign Ministers meeting is going to take place. The countries have yet to work as a multilateral body to deal with pandemic.
8. Tamil filmmaker Thamizh’s debut film ‘Seththumaan’ win Grand Jury Award for Best Feature film at the Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles (IFFLA).
1 • The Philippines has drastically stepped up its patrols in the South China Sea recently, and came into closer contact with the China Coast Guard.
2. Sri Lanka’s top environment body has warned and asked people to be vigilant in case of inclement weather. There could be slight acid rains due to the emission of nitrogen dioxide from the Singapore-flagged cargo ship which caught fire near the Colombo beach last week. The cargo vessel – MV ‘X-PRESS PEARL’ – was carrying a consignment of chemicals and raw materials for cosmetics from Hazira in Gujarat to Colombo Port.
3. Yesterday was the International Day of UN Peacekeepers. This day is observed on the 29th of May every year to pay tribute to peacekeepers’ contribution and to honour over 4,000 peacekeepers who lost their lives serving under the UN flag since 1948.
4. Saudi Arabia is lifting a ban on travellers arriving from 11 countries .The Saudi state news agency SPA said, however, the travellers from these countries will be required to go through institutional quarantine. This list of the countries include the UAE, Germany, US, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, UK, Sweden, Switzerland, France, and Japan.
5. Authorities in Vietnam have detected a new coronavirus variant that is a combination of the Indian and UK COVID-19 variants and spreads quickly by air.
1. The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) announced the completion of the remaining matches of Indian Premier League 2021 season in the United Arab Emirates (U.A.E) considering the monsoon season in India in the months of September-October this year.
2. Youngster Aishwary Pratap Singh Tomar, continued his good run of form in the Men’s 50M Rifle 3 Positions (3P) event, shooting a score of 1172 in the Minimum Qualification Score (MQS) section of the competition, at the on-going European Shooting Championship in Osijek, Croatia, on Saturday.
3. Six-time world champion Mary Kom and defending champion Amit Panghal are among the seven Indian pugilists who will play in the finals at the 2021 ASBC Asian Boxing Championships in Dubai. While the seasoned campaigner Mary Kom alongside Pooja Rani (75kg), Anupama (+81kg) and Lalbuatsahi (64kg) will play their respective final bouts on Sunday, Panghal, Shiva Thapa (64kg) and Sanjeet (91kg) will be in action on Monday.
4. The Indian women’s cricket team, which will be travelling to the United Kingdom along with the men’s team for their month-long series, will also undergo their hard quarantine in Southampton instead of Bristol where they are supposed to play their one-off Test match.
USD 72.39 💷GBP 102.73
🥇Gold ₹50,475©10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹71,600©Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 91.28
⛽ Diesel ₹ 90.83
LPG : ₹ 816/14.2 Kg
BSE Sensex 51,422.88
NIFTY : 15,435.65
🇮🇳Facts about India🇮🇳
First dam in India : Kallanai Dam, one of the world’s oldest, still in use; build across the Kaveri river in Thiruchirapalli District in the state of Tamil Nadu in South India. originally constructed by the Chola king Karikala Cholan around the 2nd century AD.
😀Thought of the day
“In a conflict between the heart and the brain, follow your heart.”
Joke of the day
A woman was found guilty in court of a traffic offence and when asked for her occupation, she said she was a schoolteacher.
The judge rose from the bench. Madam I have waited yrs for a schoolteacher to appear before this court. He smiled with delight and said: “Now sit down at that table and write I WILL NOT RUN A RED LIGHT” : 500 times…🤪
Why do our eyelashes and eyebrows does not grow continuously?
A roughly 90% of your hair follicles are normally in the development stage at any specified point. The hair in your eyebrows just goes through a short-term length, approximately 4 months. The length of your hair is normally perfect before expected time which it has to grow
Hair follicles have staged growth cycles: one stage for growth, one stage for the lapse and one stage for rest. A roughly 90% of your hair follicles are generally in the development stage at any specified point. The hair in your eyebrows just goes through a short-term cycle length, approximately 4 months in contrast to 3 years for the hair on your head. The length of your hair is generally outdone by the time which it has to develop.
As they are prolonged, these cells die and become the hair we notice. The cells that form the hair on our eyebrows and eyelashes are basically planned to prevent developing for every couple of months, so the hair remains for short-term. Those in our scalp are planned to develop for years at the same time, so the hair grows long.
💁🏻♂️ GK TODAY
The members of the G7 are Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States, with the European Union present as an observer. Formation
25 March 1973 (“Library Group”)
🤔 How …….. ⁉
How do ants find their way to sweet products?
Ants, like other insects, use chemosense to detect sugar and other food. They have the ability to detect chemical substances in their environment. When these chemicals are present (even at low concentrations), they can be detected as smells by the olfactory receptors — small bristles on the insect’s body.
Many species of ants communicate with their nest-mates using chemical scents known as pheromones. Each ant leaves a trail of pheromone as it looks for food. Once they reach the food, they grab a piece and turn around, following the same trail back to the nest. On the way back, they reinforce the trail by laying down more pheromone.
🛕 VEDIK GNAN
Shukra is the name of a son of Bhrigu , of the third Manu, one of the saptarishis. He was the guru of Daityas / Asuras. Shukracharya is the only person in universe, who has power of Sanjivani. He is the only one, who can give life to a dead person.
🧬 HEALTH CARE:© HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
If Jaggery consumed after meals as a dessert. It stimulates the bowels and aids the release of digestive enzymes. It is also believed that jaggery is great for people who suffer from constipation and other digestive issues.
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF ©YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼