Nearly 30% businesses have deployed at least one business application built on a no-code/low-code development platform in the last six months
Mumbai, NFAPost: Zvolv, an intelligent process automation platform, conducted a study to understand the impact of Covid-19 on business process automation adoption. The study was conducted with 400+ business leaders from mid-sized to large-sized businesses in the APAC region.
The study was implemented through an online and telephonic survey and included respondents in multiple industry roles such as CIO/CTO (35%), Director/Head of Digital Transformation (25%), Director/ VP Business Process Excellence (20%), Digital Strategy / Innovation Leader (10%), and Head of Projects/Programs/PMO (10%).
According to the study, more than 60% of surveyed businesses are currently using or evaluating no-code/low-code platforms to build enterprise BPM (Business Process Management) applications. I
n the last six months, nearly 30% of respondents have deployed at least one business application built on a no-code/low-code development platform. Additionally, 75% of businesses surveyed have used or evaluated at least one RPA (Robotic Process Automation) bot in the previous year.
This shift has resulted from the introduction of a new breed of tools that have enabled the development of applications that are extremely fast and require minimal reliance on IT.
Zvolv Founder & CEO Hardik Gandhi says Covid has accelerated the trend towards adoption of solutions that reduce human dependence where possible.
“Business process automation streamlines remote-working in a variety of ways, and it has become a priority for every business. The market for rapid development tools, whether no-code or low-code, is primed for explosive growth,” said Hardik Gandhi.
The study also revealed that in typical mid-sized and large enterprises, on average 50+ processes across Finance, HR, Legal, Operations and Support teams still take place outside of the context of formalized ERP/CRM tools, and are prime candidates for automation. The urgency of automating these business processes has increased post Covid.
He further adds many enterprises we talked to continue to be challenged due to the use of different tools for different processes, which prevents data from being unified.
“The full capabilities of existing ERP/CRM tools are not realized due to cost and complexity, and often times the in-flexibility of installed solutions. IT teams are often back-logged with driven traditional application development approaches that require specialized resources,” said Hardik Gandhi.
The study report highlights that approximately 65% of the businesses have in-house IT teams with developer resources, 25% businesses outsource development to vendor partners, and the remaining 10% rely on self-help development platforms.
Nearly 40% of business processes are simple and can be automated with off-the-shelf SaaS tools, and the majority of them already are. The remaining 60% are complex and necessitate business-specific customization.
These processes are difficult to implement and thus, continue to be pushed out. For the 55% of the respondents, cost was the most important factor in automating these complex processes, followed by the need for customisation flexibility for 25%, and the speed of implementation for 20%.
Zvolv is a no-code intelligent process automation platform that helps enterprises build complex enterprise applications in days without any coding skills required. With a unique combination of structured workflows and intelligent automation bots, Zvolv applications provide end-end process coverage, and can be finely adapted to specific business goals, with self-help capabilities allowing for rapid evolution.
The Zvolv platform is used by dozens of leading enterprises to drive transformative initiatives, including industry leaders like ABFRL, Titan, FG, Swiggy, Lenskart, KPMG, Dominos and others.