With 875 beds for COVID patients, Reliance Foundation makes the largest contribution to COVID care in Mumbai by any philanthropic organisation
Sir HN Reliance Foundation Hospital will manage a dedicated 650-bed COVID care facility at National Sports Club of India, Worli, Mumbai
100 New ICU beds being created by Reliance Foundation
100 beds being set up at Trident Hotel, BKC, for asymptomatic patients
ICU bed capacity augmented at Seven Hills Hospital to a total of 125 beds including 45 ICU beds
All COVID patients at NSCI and Seven Hills Hospital being treated free of cost
Mumbai, NFAPost: In response to the massive surge of COVID cases in Mumbai, Reliance Foundation (RF) has scaled up its operations to address the growing needs of COVID management in the city and strengthen the Government’s fight against the pandemic.
Deepening its engagement with the Government of Maharashtra and Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC), Reliance has undertaken four more significant initiatives, in our battle against COVID in Mumbai:
- Sir HN Reliance Foundation Hospital to Manage 650-bed facility at NSCI:
- RF will newly create, commission and manage 100 Intensive Care Unit (ICU) beds that will be made operational in phases from May 15, 2021.
- Sir HN Reliance Foundation Hospital will take over, from May 1, the management and operations of nearly 550-beds ward, which is currently operational.
- Sir HN Reliance Foundation Hospital (RFH) will operate and manage nearly a total of 650 beds for COVID patients.
- A team of more than 500 frontline workers comprising doctors, nurses and non-medical professionals will be deployed round-the-clock to oversee medical management of the patients.
- The entire expenditure for the project – comprising ICU beds and monitors, ventilators and medical equipment – and the operational cost for the 650 beds will be borne by Reliance Foundation.
- All the COVID patients in NSCI and Seven Hills Hospital will be treated absolutely free.
- Last year, RF and BMC had set up India’s first COVID hospital with a dedicated 225-bed facility at Seven Hills Hospital, Mumbai. Out of the 225 beds; 100 beds, including 20 ICU beds, are exclusively managed by Sir H N Reliance Foundation hospital.
The Seven Hills Hospital is expanded by an additional 25 ICU beds. This expansion will create a total of 125 beds being managed by RF Hospital including 45 ICU beds.
- 100 beds are being commissioned at The Trident hotel in Bandra Kurla Complex to treat mild, moderate and asymptomatic patients, in accordance to the guidelines issued by the BMC. The step-down facility will be manned and managed by Sir HN Reliance Foundation Hospital.
This was decided in a meeting of the Honourable Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Minister for Tourism and Environment, Senior MCGM Officials, Reliance Foundation and Sir HN Reliance Foundation Hospital.
All put together, RFH will be managing nearly 875 beds, including 145 ICU beds, across NSCI, Seven Hills Hospital and the Trident, BKC.
This is the largest contribution to COVID care in Mumbai by any philanthropic organisation.
Speaking about the augmented COVID facilities, Reliance Foundation Founder and Chairperson Nita Ambani said Reliance Foundation has always been at the forefront of service to nation and it is the foundation’s duty to support India’s relentless fight against the pandemic.
“Our doctors and frontline healthcare staff have worked tirelessly and will continue to save precious lives by providing the best medical care to the needy. Sir HN Reliance Foundation Hospital will be managing 875 beds across the city of Mumbai,” said Nita Ambani.
Nita Ambani also said Reliance is also provide 700 MT of Oxygen daily to Gujarat, Maharashtra, Delhi, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Daman, Diu & Nagar Haveli completely free of cost.
“This is being expanded even further. In these trying times for India and the city of Mumbai, as fellow Indians, we remain steadfast in our commitment to do whatever it takes to serve our people. Corona Haarega, India Jeetega!,” said Nita Ambani.
Last year, Reliance Foundation launched ‘Anna Seva’, the world’s largest food distribution program providing 5.5 crore meals.
In addition, Reliance Foundation has enabled the following initiatives, to further strengthen our fight against COVID:
- RF supported the setting up of new COVID care facility at Spandan Holistic Mother-And-Child Care Hospital in Deonar in Mumbai.
- Sir HN Reliance Foundation Hospital has set up an exclusive 10-bed dialysis centre in HBT Trauma Hospital, Mumbai in collaboration with BMC.
Reliance Foundation, the philanthropic arm of Reliance Industries Limited, aims to play a catalytic role in addressing the nation’s development challenges through innovative and sustainable solutions.
Led by Founder and Chairperson Smt. Nita Ambani, Reliance Foundation is relentlessly working towards facilitating transformative changes to ensure overall well-being and higher quality of life for all.
Among India’s largest social initiatives, Reliance Foundation is focused on addressing the nation’s development challenges in areas of Rural Transformation, Health, Education, Sports for Development, Disaster Response, Urban Renewal, and Arts, Culture and Heritage. Reliance Foundation has touched the lives of more than 45 million people across India, in more than 44,700 villages and several urban locations.