‘Karnataka Digital Economy Mission’ will be launched in February, says Deputy Chief Minister C N Ashwatha Narayana
Bengaluru, NFAPost: Elevate Unnati, a grant-in-aid programme (maximum up to 50 lakhs) dedicated by Karnataka government to promote startups promoted by SC/ST entrepreneurs, facilitated 19 startups.
Deputy Chief Minister C N Ashwatha Narayana who was the chief guest at the function lauded the hard work of entrepreneurs from backward districts in the state.
“The state recognises the talent of the budding entrepreneurs who should focus on finding novel solutions to the existing problem, to make their products market-fit, to build the right team, and have the mindset of continuous learning and grit to make their ideas a reality,” said C N Ashwatha Narayana.
Besides presenting awards, the Deputy Chief Minister also distributed grants of up to Rs 30 lakhs that is funded by Social Welfare Department under the SCSP/TSP scheme.
Karnataka state has an eco-system that helps Startups to flourish. Recently, Bengaluru has been declared as the “Rapidly Growing Tech City” by the UK, and further, the state of Karnataka has been named as “Most Innovative State of the Country’ for the second time in a row by NITI Aayog.
“Entrepreneurs should make use of the existing ecosystem comprising of incubators, accelerators, centers of excellence, mentors, TBI’s, and academia to emerge as the champions of innovation. The state which is at present a $52 billion digital economy aims to become a $300 billion economy in the next five years. To achieve this the expected change needs to be seen in every village,” said C N Ashwatha Narayana.
Speaking at the function, the Deputy Chief Minister also said the “Karnataka Digital Economy Mission” which has the objective of facilitating and promoting more than seven thousand e-commerce, start-ups, and other gig economies of the state will be officially launched in the month of February.
He informed this while addressing after presenting awards and distributing cheques to winners of “Elevate Unnati- 2020’ in a ceremony held at Vidhana Soudha.
Prashanth Prakash, Chairman, Vision Group for Startups, suggested that entrepreneurs should share their stories with the community and to focus to reinvent and rebuild their ideas according to the present developments and trends.
Dr E.V.Ramana Reddy, ACS, Department of Electronics, IT/BT, and S&T who made opening remarks said, “ElevateUnnati Grant funding scheme of Karnataka is the first of its kind in the country where Startups promoted by SC/ST Entrepreneurs are provided a grant in aid without taking any equity”.
Apart from funding, all ELEVATE startups are given high visibility and recognition by the Government, he informed.
Meena Nagaraj C.N (IAS), Managing Director, KITS, E.Champa, General Manager, KITS, Dr.Ravikumar Surpur (IAS), Commissioner, Department of Social Welfare, Dr.N.Nagambika Devi (IAS), ACS, Department of Social Welfare, G.S.Mamatha Devi, DGM (IT), KITS, were present.
Out of 91 applicants 19 startups were shortlisted and declared as winners of Elevate Unnati 2020.14 startups have been selected under the SC category and 05 startups under the ST category. Out of 19 startups, 03 startups are led by women entrepreneurs and 07 startups represent the Tier – 2 & 3 cities of the State.
Also, this time a special mention is the highest scorer in Elevate Unnati is from the Hyderabad – Karnataka (HK) region. The sector-wise break-up of applicants accounts for 08 startups from the IT/ITES sector, 05 startups from BT, 04 startups from ESDM, and 02 startups from the AVGC sector.
Here is a list of winners and a brief description of their profile:
1. AGARICUS SOLUTIONSBio-Technology- Clean TechBidar Dist. Making green-eco-friendly products that are sustainable and have a low carbon footprint, which replaces Styrofoam, packaging materials, leather, insulation, furniture, and building blocks materials with similar performance to traditional engineering materials.
2. ALTIUS AEROSPACE PRIVATE LIMITEDESDMBengaluru Urban Dist.Design and Development of TR Modules for Indian Air Force – Aviation
3. ANANTA ENERGY SYSTEMSESDMBengaluru Urban Dist.Remote Sensing of Forest fire and Navigation. – GPS
4. CARBON HUBS PRIVATE LIMITEDBio-TechnologyBengaluru Urban dist.Carbon Hubs is a hub of air purification devices that filters out air pollutants. Our no-touch devices with innovative air filtration technology, capture particulate matter PM2.5, PM10, abduct microbial particles, and disinfect surroundings with a high air filtration efficiency of up to 99.7%. – Clean Tech
5. CUFLUM TECH (OPC) PRIVATE LIMITEDIOT/IT/ITESDharwad Dist.AUTOMATING THE PROCESS OF CUTTING FLUID MANAGEMENT IN ORGANIZED AND UNORGANIZED INDUSTRIES.
6. DIN HARMANIAAVGCBengaluru Urban Dist.Aatmanirbhar Innovative wooden dice enabled Card and Board Games- Gaming
7. ELE PHOEBEESDMBengaluru Urban Dist.Advanced UV Sanitization Chamber – COVID related
8. HELIX TECHNOCRAFTS LLPIT/ITESKalaburagi Dist.SHISHU Kannada- Edu-AI solution – Edutech
9. HEXAPENT ENGINEERING SERVICES PRIVATE LIMITEDIOT/IT/ITES Bengaluru Urban Dist.Intelligent Automated Fruit Harvesting AGROBOT – Agritech
10. IMAGE FRAMES PRODUCTIONSAVGCBengaluru Urban Dist.Producing 3d animated series, with a self-developed coding system (GAME CODE) which reduces 95% of rendering time (computing power). – Gaming
11. INDIBEAN SPECIALITY COFFEE PRIVATE LIMITEDBio-TechnologyMysuru Dist.Coffee – As Natural Alternative Cola Beverage – Food and Beverages
12. MVS TECHNO SOLUTIONSBio-TechnologyBengaluru Urban Dist.Point of Care Device for quality assessment of seeds for Agriculture- Agritech
13. NUN SELENEIT/ITESBengaluru Urban Dist.Aatmanirbhar Games & Books with a Purpose- to bring a Societal change – Edutech
14. PROTOACCEL SOLUTIONSIOT/IT/ITESBengaluru Urban Dist.Focusing on innovative industrial machinery design presently working on Shredders for Rubber, Plastics, Metal by providing cost-effective high-performance products to customers. – Industrial Purpose
15. SPOT AND VIEW TECH SOLUTIONS (OPC) PRIVATE LIMITEDESDMMysuru Dist. Real-Time Location System – GPS
16. SRI VINAYAKA ENTERPRISESBio-TechnologyRamanagara Dist.Solving the problem of harvesting in areca nut trees by developing a Smart Portable Arecanut Tree Climber with Tree to Tree transferring technology & Pesticide Sprayer “AGROBOT”. – Agritech
17. VEERUBY TECHNOLOGIES PRIVATE LIMITEDIT/IESMysuru Dist. LabXR – A Virtual Laboratory to Experience Science Like Never Before – Edutech
18. WESUALIZE PLANSIT/ITESBengaluru Urban Dist.Assist homeowners by providing real life-size designs that a homeowner can experience by walking through his designs which will be of real life size. – Construction- Architects
19. ZIVAAIT/ITESBengaluru Urban Dist.Design and manufacturing of garments made from Eco-Friendly vegan fabrics. – Clean Tech