*Today’s top news: 19 Dec*
Fujifilm Develops Technology To Deliver World’s Highest 580TB Storage Capacity
Amazfit Launches Fashionable Smartwatch GTR 2 At Rs 12,999
Serum Institute to seek nod for two full-dose regimen of Covishield
Telecom Equipment Manufacturers Association of India (TEMA) Welcomes Govt Policy to create a National Security Directive in the telecom sector to maintain the integrity of the supply chain security
World Bank approves 4 projects in India worth $800 million
India Smartphone Market Registered 42% YoY Growth: IDC India
Nokia Appoints India-born Nishant Batra As Chief Strategy, Technology Officer
Amit Chadha To Take Charge As CEO & MD Of L&T Technology Services From New Fiscal
Aruba Unveils New Solutions To Shift From Data Centres To ‘Centres of Data.
Google Chrome Join Hands With ESET To Fight Against Online Threats
Canon Unveils Compact A4 Multi-Function Printers Tailored For Modern Workplace
Cyient Retains Leadership Position In Engineering And R&D Services By Zinnov
Orbital refueling and manufacturing go from theory to reality in 2021
Razorpay gears up to digitise small businesses; aims at $50 bn TPV by 2021
PM Modi’s Message to Agitating Farmers: ‘New Laws Haven’t Come Overnight’
We need a new Farm Act that looks at the issues afresh: Punjab FM Badal
Google to shut down its light-weight IoT version of android early next year
Lamborghini India to bring in raft of new models from Q2 of Calendar 2021
Initial probe of Wistron India violence finds ‘labour violations’: Report
Freight movement via rail to be raised 1.6 times: Draft National Rail Plan
1. *India’s government said on Friday it could soon start voluntary inoculation against the COVID-19 disease* as it considers emergency use authorization for three vaccine candidates including those from *AstraZeneca and Pfizer* .
*Biological E* . to start late-stage trials in April
India has enough capacity to produce COVID-19 vaccines for itself and others
Russia signs more deals with India to make 300 million *Sputnik V* vaccines
2. *PM Modi will deliver the keynote address at ASSOCHAM Foundation Week 2020 on 19th December at 10:30 AM via video conferencing.* He Modi will deliver the keynote address at ASSOCHAM Foundation Week 2020 on 19th December at 10:30 AM via video conferencing.
3. *PM Modi said on Friday that political parties, experts and even farmers had been demanding new farm laws for long, and assured that the Minimum Support Price (MSP) mechanism for crops will continue.* Addressing farmers of Madhya Pradesh through virtual mode, he alleged that opposition parties themselves advocated such laws, but now they were protesting because they did not want him to get credit for the reforms.
4. He added that the govt was ready 24 hours to talk with farmers, the PM said, as the agitation against the new agri laws at Delhi borders entered its 23rd day. He also said that, “The new agriculture laws have not come overnight but political parties, agriculture experts and progressive farmers have demanded it for a long time.
5. *The exchange of attacks and retorts between Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh and Aam Aadmi Party chief Arvind Kejriwal over the three contentious agriculture laws continued on Friday.* The Congress leader has intensified his tirade against the Delhi Chief Minister as he called him a ” big fraud”. In a statement, he also labelled the opposition parties — AAP and Shiromani Akali Dal — hypocrites, and alleged that they supported the laws initially but after witnessing public anger, changed their stance.
6. *Union Minister Smriti Irani on Friday slammed the Congress-led opposition for spreading rumours over the new Farm Laws* , calling the laws a ‘historic step’ for the farming community. The Union Minister also shared how delegation after delegations of farmers were coming in support of the Centre’s laws with the latest being a farmers’ union from Uttar Pradesh.
7. The farmers’ agitation has entered the 22nd day on Friday inching closer to almost a month. The protesting farmers, mainly from Punjab, have asked for a complete repeal of the agrarian laws and have rejected the Centre’s multiple amendment proposals. The Centre, on the other hand, has held six rounds of talks headed by Union Minister Narendra Singh Tomar addressing the grievances of the community.
8. *Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee’s Trinamool Congress lost five MLAs in 24 hours but managed a save when one of them* , Jitendra Tiwari, declared he was back in the party. Friday’s big exits were MLAs Shilbhadra Dutta and Banasree Maiti, as the party bleeds rebels looking to cross over to the BJP ahead of polls four months away. Jitendra Tiwari and Suvendu Adhikari quit yesterday.
9. *The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has filed a case against a Hyderabad based company, Transstroy (India) Ltd, for allegedly cheating a consortium of banks of Rs 7,926 crore,*
10. *The Income Tax Department has conducted searches at 15 premises of a group in Erode and Chennai in Tamil Nadu,* Seizes Rs 21 Crore Unaccounted Cash.
11. *The Supreme Court on Friday stayed criminal proceedings against WIPRO founder Azim Premji and his wife* in a Karnataka court over merger of companies
12. *The Chief Minister of Karnataka B S Yediyurappa recently launched the “Bengaluru Mission 2022* ”. The mission aims to provide necessary infrastructure and basic amenities to people of Bengaluru to resolve their day-to-day problems and challenges.
13. *PM Modi will address the nation through his monthly radio programme ‘Mann Ki Baat’ on December 27.*
14. The Central government on Friday submitted before the Supreme Court that a *proposal to give an extra chance to civil service aspirants affected by the COVID-19* is under active consideration by the government and the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
15. *Bollywood choreographer-director Remo D’Souza, who was rushed to Kokilaben hospital after suffering a heart attack, has been discharged on Friday* (December 18). The ‘Race 3’ director reached his home in Mumbai on Friday afternoon
16. *Backing DRDO scientists, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh said the government wants to make India a superpower* and scientists can play an important role in this. Stressing on the need for indigenisation, CDS Bipin Rawat has said India will win future wars through indigenous weapons.
17. *Defence minister Rajnath Singh hands over 3 DRDO systems to chiefs of armed forces:-*
*(a)* The Indian maritime situational awareness system (IMSAS) to Navy Chief Admiral Karambir Singh
*(b)* Astra Mk-1 missile system to Air Chief Marshal R K S Bhadauria,
*(c)* Border Surveillance System (BOSS), which is an all-weather electronic surveillance system, to Army Chief General M M Naravane.
18. *Indian Navy SSC Officer Recruitment 2020: Indian Navy has published a recruitment notification for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) Officer for course commencing Jun 2021* onwards at Indian Naval Academy (INA) Ezhimala, Kerala for Education, Technical and Education Branches. Eligible Unmarried Male/Female Candidates for can apply for Indian Navy Recruitment 2020 through official website i.e. joinindiannavy.gov.in from 18 December to 31 December 2020.
It is to be noted that, Due to COVID-19 pandemic, an exception is being made in the public interest wherein no Indian Navy Entrance Test (INET) for the AT – 21 course is being held for shortlisting candidate for SSB. The final merit list for induction will be prepared based only on SSB marks.
19. *Uttarakhand CM Trivendra Singh Rawat tests COVID-19 positive, opts for home isolation*
20. Indian Council of Medical Research ( *ICMR) Chief Dr Balaram Bhargava tested positive for COVID-19* on Friday. As per latest reports, he has been admitted to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in the national capital.
21. *Coronavirus Cases:*
1. *A Defence Cooperation Webinar and Expo between India and Maldives were held on Thursday* , wherein both sides spoke on close, cordial and multi-dimensional relationship between the two countries.
2. *A Memorandum of Understanding was signed between India and Austria on Technology Cooperation in Road Infrastructure Sector in New Delhi.* The MoU seeks to create a framework for the countries’ mutual cooperation in the field of Road Transportation, Road/Highways infrastructure development, management and administration, road safety and intelligent transport systems. This is to enhance trade and regional integration between the two countries.
3. *Why is Austria important to India?* India and Austria share warm and friendly relations. The relations between the countries were established in 1949. Austria is an important link for India in its relationship with Europe. Austria acts as a gateway to central and Eastern European countries. The bilateral trade between India and Austria in the year 2018 was 1.869 billion Euros.
4. *Pakistan’s foreign minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi has claimed that India was planning a surgical strike on its neighbouring country to divert attention from issues* it had been facing at home an internal crisis because of what he called failed policies of the government.
5. *PM Modi was invited by his British counterpart, Boris Johnson to attend the UK-hosted G7 summit to be held in 2021.* India is one of the three guest nations alongside South Korea and Australia.
6. *G7* was formed to discuss the political and economic concerns prompted during oil crisis of 1973. It is a group of seven most industrialised countries of the world namely, US, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Japan and Canada. It was earlier called G8. It was renamed as G7 after Russia stepped out of the group in 2014.
7. *India and China sat for the diplomatic talks or Working Mechanism for Consultation and Coordination (WMCC) on Friday after more than two months* with the top focus being disengagement and the next round of military talks.
8. The two sides agreed that based on the guidance provided by senior leaders and the agreements reached between the two Foreign Ministers and Special Representatives, they would continue to work towards ensuring complete disengagement in all friction points along the LAC in the Western Sector at the earliest.”
1. *US Vice President Mike Pence and his wife Karen were administered COVID-19 vaccination on live television at the White House* . Pence makes the first high profile politician in the US administration to receive vaccination publicly along with Surgeon General Jerome Adams
2. *A statue of the legendary freedom fighter Bagha Jatin was defaced by some miscreants in Kushtia district of Bangladesh* Bagha Jatin was born at Koya village in the Kushtia district of present day Bangladesh in 1879.
3. *Bangladesh has extended the closure of all educational institutions except Qawmi Madrasas till January 16, 2021.* This was announced on Friday in a notification issued by the Ministry of Education.
4. *More than 300 schoolboys who had been kidnapped in northern Nigeria were handed over to government security agents* on Thursday, the Governor Aminu Bello Masari said. A total of 344 boys held in a forest in neighbouring Zamfara state had been freed.
5. *GATEWAY TREATY* NASA and the Canadian Space Agency recently signed a historic agreement under which Canada is to be a part of the Lunar Gateway Space Station. Canada will contribute a new robotic arm called “Canadarm3”. Also, a Canadian is to be a part of the Artemis II mission. Artemis II is the first crewed mission to the moon by NASA since 1972. The mission is to be launched in 2023. This agreement is called “ *Gateway Treaty* ”.
6. Recently, Chinese State Councilor and Defence Minister General Wei Fenghe and Russian Defence Minister Sergi Shoigu signed a Protocol to extend the ‘ *Agreement between Russia and China on Notification on Launches of Ballistic Missiles and Space Missile Carriers’.* The Agreement was signed in 2009 and is expiring in December 2020. The countries thus renewed the agreement extending its validity by ten more years.
7. *Coronavirus Cases:*
1. *Australia vs India, 1st Test*
Day 2: *India lead by 62 runs*
AUS – 191
IND – 244 & 9/1 (6)
2. *2019 World Champion and 2016 Olympic silver medallist PV Sindhu’s physio and fitness trainer to accompany her for three tournaments in January* these three tournaments i.e. Yonex Thailand Open (January 12-17), Toyota Thailand Open (January 19-24) and the World Tour Finals in Bangkok, subject to qualification (January 27-31).
*🥇Gold ₹51,665@10 gm 24 (Krt)*
🥈 *Silver ₹71,500@ Kg*
*Petrol ₹ 85.43*
*Diesel ₹ 78.52*
*LPG Dec 2020 ₹ 706.50 /14.2 Kg*
*🇮🇳Facts about India🇮🇳*
December 19 is the martyrdom day of (freedom fighters) Ram Prasad Bismil and Ashfaqullah Khan.
*Ram Prasad Bismil* was an Indian revolutionary who participated in Mainpuri conspiracy of 1918, and the Kakori conspiracy of 1925, and struggled against British imperialism. Bismil was hanged on 19 December 1927 by the British for his revolutionary activities.
*Ashfaqulla Khan* (22 October 1900 – 19 December 1927) was a freedom fighter in the Indian independence movement. Ashfaqulla Khan was put to death by hanging on 19 December 1927 at Faizabad jail, This revolutionary man became a martyr and a legend among his people due to his love for the motherland, his clear thinking, unshakeable courage, firmness and loyalty.
Thought of the day*
LUCK IS NOT IN UR HANDS
BUT WORK IS IN HANDS
UR WORK CAN MAKE UR LUCK
BUT UR LUCK CANT MAKE UR WRK
SO TRUST URSELF THAN UR LUCK
*Joke of the day*
*पड़ोसी:* यार, तेरे घर से रोज हँसी की आवाज आती है…
ईस खुशहाल ज़िंदगी का क्या राज है?
*आदमी* : मेरी बीवी मुझे जुतों से मारती है,
लग जाएँ तो वो हसती है, ना लगे तो मै हसता हूँ..
भगवान की कृपा है
हँसी ख़ुशी जिंदगी गुजर रही है
KVS – Kendriya Vidyala Sangathan
*Coconut oil gets freezed in winters* because it has low melting point of around 24oC. If a melting point of a substance is higher than its surrounding temperature, it will exist as solid but if its melting point is lower than its surrounding temperature,it will exist as liquid.
*How it works* ⁉
*How a Vaseline is made*
Petroleum jelly (also called petrolatum) is a mixture of mineral oils and waxes, which form a semisolid jelly-like substance. This product hasn’t changed much since Robert Augustus Chesebrough discovered it in 1859. Chesebrough noticed that oil workers would use a gooey jelly to heal their wounds and burns.
🏻♂️ *GK TODAY*
The Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty *(CTBT)* is a multilateral treaty that bans all nuclear tests, for both civilian and military purposes, in all environments
🛕 *VEDIC GYAN*
*ध्यायतो विषयान्पुंसः* *सङ्गस्तेषूपजायते।*
*सङ्गात्संजायते कामः कामात्क्रोधोऽभिजायते*
while contemplating on the objects of the senses, one develops attachment to them. Attachment leads to desire, and from desire arises anger.
🧬 *HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES*🩺
( *Note* : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not
*The amino acid called tryptophan present in almond can boost your mood.* When paired with vitamin B6 (banana, oats), the tryptophan converts into serotonin in the body. Serotonin as we all know works as an energy booster, uplifting your mood and reducing anxiety. Add some almonds to your oatmeal or have them with a banana to make a healthy and easy snack.
*Team NFAPost *
PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY SAFE