The increasing technological advancements in LiDAR systems and rising demand for aerial mapping is driving the demand for the airborne LiDAR market
San Francisco, NFAPost: The global Airborne LiDAR Market is forecasted to be worth $1,291.2 Million by 2027, according to a current analysis by Emergen Research.
Lidar is a method for measuring distances by illuminating the target with laser light and measuring the reflection with a sensor. Differences in laser return times and wavelengths can then be used to make digital 3-D representation of of the target. It has terrestrial, airborne, and mobile applications.
Due to the technological progress of LiDAR systems, the airborne LiDAR market is anticipated to expand over the forecast timeframe, resulting in a decrease in physical effort and improved performance.
In the market for airborne laser scanning, the railway and highway authorities use aerial mapping facilities offered by various suppliers. The rise in logistics and transport activities is stimulating the growth of the market of airborne LiDAR services.
However, in heavy fog or low hanging clouds, airborne LiDAR is inefficient. Yet, it is tough to interpret quite a big database by airborne LiDAR. The growth of the global airborne LiDAR market is predicted to be hindered by these factors.
Get your FREE Sample Copy with TOC of the Report to understand the structure of the complete report https://www.emergenresearch.com/request-sample-form/239
Key Highlights From The Report
- In April 2019, Merrick & Company, Inc. acquired the Chemical and Energy business from Benham, a Haskell group subsidiary. This acquisition will enhance Merrick & Company’s position in North America for Energy and Chemical business.
- The key advantage of fixed-wing aircraft is that it can still operate in adverse circumstances, such as rain, snow, and fog; thus, the fixed-wing aircraft segment is anticipated to dominate the market with a higher CAGR of 16.7%.
- Due to the wide use of image sensing, the camera segment is expected to see steady growth over the forecast timeframe.
- Over the forecast timeframe, North America accounts for the largest market owing to the growing use of airborne lidars in archaeology to classify the now underpopulated terrain ruins and are anticipated to augment the market demand in the region of North America.
- Key participants include Leica Geosystems, Saab AB, FLIR Systems, Inc., Teledyne Technologies International Corp, Faro Technologies, Inc., Lasermap Inc., Merrick & Company, Inc., Xactsense Inc., RIEGL Laser Measurement Systems GmbH, and Firmatek, L.L.C. among others.
Emergen Research has segmented the global Airborne LiDAR Market on the basis of type, platform, component, application, end-use, and region:
- Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017-2027)
- Platform Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017-2027)
- Fixed Wing Aircraft
- Rotary Wing Aircraft
- Component Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017-2027)
- Micro-electromechanical Systems
- Inertial Navigation Systems
- Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017-2027)
- Exploration & Detection
- Corridor Mapping
- End-Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017-2027)
- Aerospace & Defense
- Transportation & Logistics
Emergen Research is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customised research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target, and analyse consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries, and help clients make smarter business decisions.
The company offers market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries, including Healthcare, Touch Points, Chemicals, Types, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware of the latest trends existent in the market.
Emergen Research has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise. The company’s industry experience and ability to develop a concrete solution to any research problems provides our clients with the ability to secure an edge over their respective competitors.