· Merchants can accept remote payments through SMS PAY using the POS Terminal
· SMS Pay is offered to YES BANK Merchants at no additional cost
· Assists in maintaining social distancing by providing remote, contactless payment
Mumbai, NFAPost: YES BANK announced the launch of SMS Pay functionality on POS terminals in partnership with Worldline, enabling merchants to accept contactless and remote payments from their customers.
This initiative is in line with the Bank’s commitment to support small and medium businesses in restarting their businesses while providing safety to their customers. SMS Pay is a step towards facilitating merchants to accept remote payments on their POS machines and enabling their customers to transact safely from the comfort of their homes.
Through this, a safe and simple platform is created for shopkeepers and merchants including local kirana stores & departmental stores enabling them to request payments against invoices by simply entering amount and customer contact details on their POS machines. Instantly an SMS is triggered to the customer’s mobile number with a payment link, allowing them to pay securely through their domestic debit and credit cards.
Speaking on the launch, YES BANK Business Head – Credit Cards and Merchant Acquisition Rajanish Prabhu said the new product is in line with the Bank’s strategy of building a transformed Digital Bank.
“We along with Worldline have been working on supporting our merchant partners through innovative solutions which help them unlock their businesses in a safe and convenient manner,” he said.
Rajanish Prabhu said SMS Pay is a simple yet convenient value addition to our merchant POS solutions and provides an alternative channel of payment acceptance for our merchants at zero incremental cost.
“SMS Pay will help in boosting business by providing merchants dual benefit of enabling them to serve outside their vicinity as payments can be made remotely as well providing safety and convenience to their customers,” said Rajanish Prabhu.
Speaking on the launch, Worldline South Asia and Middle East Managing Director Deepak Chandnani said consumers continue to increasingly prefer digital payment options over cash.
“Technology-enabled contactless payment solutions are the need of the hour and Worldline is in the forefront of this emerging trend,” said Deepak Chandnani
Deepak Chandnani said Worldline will continue to innovate and enhance the functionalities of all our acquiring solutions including POS terminals in order to provide convenient, frictionless and secure solutions for merchants as well as customers.
“We are pleased to extend our relationship with our trusted partner, YES BANK to provide the SMS Pay feature for their merchants,” he said.
· Zero contact payments
· Remote & quick setup on POS terminals
· Trusted and secure
· Easy to operate
Simple and Instant Payment Process Flow
- YES BANK POS terminals have an SMS Pay option displayed in the terminal menu
- Upon selecting SMS Pay, the terminal prompts merchant to enter customer’s mobile number and sale amount
- The customer receives URL for making payment via SMS
- Customer completes the payment remotely via Internet payment gateway (IPG) page through his or her preferred mode of payment (domestic credit or debit card)
- Once the payment is complete, charge slip is generated from the POS machine and merchant can deliver goods or services