Look to strengthen its leadership in the personal mobility sector by intensifying focus on technology advancement and innovation
Already Secured two design registration certificates for fuel anti-siphoning device for vehicles and Restyle lock
Bengaluru, NFAPost: VOGO, a tech-enabled self-ride two-wheeler rental service, announces that it has applied for six utility patents in 2020.
With this, the company has over seven utility patents pending and two design registration certificates received in its portfolio.
Since its inception, the company has pioneered several industry-first tech driven solutions and has been offering services including VOGO heartbeat- GPS tracking, Keyless scooters and one-click ride booking to provide frictionless mobility solutions to daily commuters.
Founded in 2016, VOGO has optimally leveraged emerging technologies like Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine learning (ML) and Internet of Things (IoT) to build industry first solutions & offer seamless, automated experience to its riders.
The unique compression algorithm-based solutions have not only saved data cost on VOGO fleets but has also helped with the GPS tracking of the fleets and helmet.
VOGO’s patent & design registration portfolio would include “Anti-siphoning device”, “Keyless connected vehicle system”, “GPS data compression algorithm”, “Key based lock to keyless conversion mechanism” and “Optimised location and tracking algorithm to save battery in a petrol scooter”.
The company aims to intensify its focus towards technology advancements and innovations to further introduce industry-first solutions and secure more patents in future.
Expressing views on company’s intense focus on technology, VOGO Co-founder and CTO Sanchit Mittal said the company is committed towards bringing a fundamental shift in the Indian mobility industry by offering tech driven solutions to commuters.
“We have a strong and talented technology team of experts who has been helping us explore the new aspects of technology that can be tailored for the mobility industry. We are confident that we will keep pioneering our innovations in technology to be a leader in the personal mobility space,” said VOGO Co-founder and CTO Sanchit Mittal.
- GPS Heartbeat: a unique patented optimization algorithm built by VOGO to save costs and reduce heavy data storage
- Keyless scooters: VOGO is the pioneer of Bluetooth technology with scooters. The users need to register with the app and use their phone’s Bluetooth to connect with the IoT device on the scooter, and operate the vehicle without a key
- Cost saving: The compression algorithm of VOGO has saved huge amount of telecommunication and storage cost
- Information on sanitization: To ensure customers of their safety, VOGO regularly sanitizes their scooters. To be more transparent with the customers, they can easily check the status on last the sanitization time of each scooter on the application
- Increased efficiency with small batteries: As gasoline scooters are equipped with a small battery, we have optimized the data sent to the server in the form of intelligent pulses. Bike is contextually aware of when to wake up and send data to server and sleep again. This allows VOGO’s IOT solution to run for 15-20 days unlike other IOT solutions which drain out quicker.
VOGO is continuously upgrading its technology to disrupt the mobility industry and has been witnessed a strong month-on-month recovery post-lockdown. The company has not only registered 30% growth in last few months but has also retrieved more than 70% of the pre-lockdown levels till now.
Headquartered in Bangalore, VOGO is a tech-enabled self-ride two-wheeler rental service that offers flexible, affordable and reliable rides to daily commuters. Launched in 2016 by the alumni of IITs and IIMs – Anand Ayyadurai, Padmanabhan Balakrishnan and Sanchit Mittal, VOGO strives to create a word-class platform for its riders and enable them to rent a two-wheeler anytime, anywhere, for their local travel needs without any human intervention.
With its presence in Bangalore and Hyderabad, VOGO has 3 million registered users and have served more than 10 million rides covering about 130 million kilometers. VOGO is backed by some of the marquee investors like LGT Lightstone, Matrix Partners, Stellaris Venture Partners, Kalaari and Ola, India’s largest ride-hailing platform.