Today’s top news: 30 Oct
Cognizant Q3 Net Profit Down 30%; Digital Business Grew 13%
India Smartphone Mkt Clocks Highest Shipments in Single Quarter, Samsung Recaptures Top Spot
Ericsson Report Puts Spotlight On Future Workplace Of 2030
Wipro, IBM Announce Expansion Of IBM Hybrid Cloud Practice
VMware Introduces Carbon Black For Securing Distributed Workforce
Tech Mahindra Inks Rs 400 Crore ‘Project Parivartan’ Contract with HAL
B2B grocery ecommerce startup Peel-Works Raises $3 Million from Black Soil & others
Canon India Demonstrates Prowess In Cinema Segment At Broadcast India Show 2020
Mahindra launches New Treo Zor Electric 3-Wheeler Cargo
Agritech startup Freshokartz raises 10 crore rupees in pre-Series A round
Vedanta To Launch Global Corporate Innovation & Ventures Programme Vedanta Spark
1. Happy Eid Milad-Un-Nabi 💐☪️
The day is celebrated during the third month of the Islamic calendar. The day is also called Mawlid or Mawlid-al-Nabi al-Sharif.
The celebrations for Eid Milad Un Nabi have already started in Saudi Arabia, but in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and other parts it will be celebrated on Friday
2. Assam’s JEE Main 2020 Topper Neel Nakshatra Das, his father, Dr Jyotirmoy Das, and three employees of a testing facility for allegedly using a proxy to write the country’s premier engineering entrance test, the Guwahati Police said. The accused had scored 99.8 percent in the exam, which is the basis for admission in India’s top engineering colleges, including the prestigious IITs.
3. National Unity Day or Rashtriya Ekta Diwas is celebrated to mark the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel on October 31 every year since 2014 . Popularly known as the “Iron Man of India”, Sardar Patel is known to have played a crucial role in the unification of India.
4. On this day in 2018, PM Modi unveiled a 182m-tall statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. The Statue of Unity is situated on the bank of Narmada River in the Kevadiya colony, facing the Sardar Sarovar Dam near the city of Vadodara.
5. Amid concerns over data security, the government has clarified that the Aarogya Setu app is completely safe and developed in most transparent manner.
6. Three BJP workers were shot dead by militants in Kulgam district of Jammu and Kashmir : Fida Hussain, Umer Hajam and Umer Rashid Beigh were shot by militants in YK Pora area of Kulgam district late on Thursday evening.
7. The Supreme Court Thursday stayed the Uttarakhand High Court’s “drastic order” for a CBI probe into corruption allegations against Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat
8. BSP leader Mayawati on Thursday suspended seven of her party’s rebel MLAs who had opposed the nomination of its official candidate Ramji Gautam for the elections to the Rajya Sabha . Amid speculation that the MLAs could switch sides in Uttar Pradesh, Mayawati also said that to ensure defeat of Samajwadi Party candidates in future MLC elections, her party will vote for BJP or any other party’s candidate.
9. National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Thursday raided and searched at nine locations in Kashmir and in the national capital belonging to 6 NGOs , trusts in Kashmir, Delhi in connection with terror funding case.
10. Andhra Pradesh govt distributes Rs 1,115 crore under Rythu Bharosa scheme to farmers.
11. Commerce and Industry Ministry releases next edition of its consolidated foreign direct investment (FDI) policy document
12. Former Gujarat CM Keshubhai Patel dies at 92, he was the state chief minister in 1995 and again from 1998-2001; PM Modi condoles the death.
13. The Indian Army on Thursday launched a messaging app called SAI that will provide secure voice, text and video calling services to its soldiers : The model (of SAI) is similar to commercially available messaging applications like WhatsApp, Telegram, SAMVAD and GIMS and utilises end-to-end encryption messaging protocol,.
14. The Chinook helicopter of the Indian Air Force (IAF) started its sorties from Gauchar helipad to transport heavy machines needed for the redevelopment of Kedarnath.
15. The Supreme Court Thursday extended till December 31 the deadline for implementation of its judgement on grant of permanent commission to women SSC officers in Indian Navy
16. Coronavirus Cases:
1. Saudi Arabia removes PoK, Gilgit-Baltistan from Pakistan’s map, activist calls move ‘Diwali Gift’ to India : Saudi Arabia released a 20 Riyal banknote to commemorate its presidency of organising the G-20 Summit ,and the world map displayed on the banknote does not show Gilgit-Baltistan and Kashmir as parts of Pakistan.
2. Pulwama attack: Pakistan minister brags ‘Ghar me ghus ke maara’, calls it ‘great achievement’ of Imran Khan govt: Pakistan on Thursday blatantly bragged about it and called it a ‘great achievement’ of the Imran Khan government. In the attack on February 14, 2019, a total of 40 Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) jawans lost their lives. In the Pakistan National Assembly, Federal Minister for Science & Technology Fawad Chaudhry claimed that the attack in Pulwama was a major achievement.
3. Pakistan claimed on Thursday that there was “no pressure” on it to release Indian Air Force Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman, a day after a top Opposition leader said that Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi pleaded at a high-level meeting to release him fearing an Indian attack on the country.
4. India on Thursday said its military talks with China on the border row have no connection with “any extraneous issue”, comments that came in the backdrop of recently concluded Indo-US 2+2 dialogue. During the talks, the two countries discussed Beijing’s military belligerence in eastern Ladakh and Indo-Pacific region and inked a strategic defence pact.
5. India has conveyed its serious concern to Saudi Arabia over “gross misrepresentation” of its external territorial boundaries in a banknote issued by the Gulf nation last week, and asked it to take “urgent corrective steps”, the ministry of external affairs said on Thursday. The global map printed on the new 20 Riyal banknote, released to mark Saudi Arabia’s presidency of the G20 grouping, does not feature Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh as part of India.
6. Commerce and Industries Minister Piyush Goyal chaired 19th meeting of Foreign Trade & Economic Ministers of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation, SCO
7. union cabinet approved the Memorandum of Understanding signed between India and Cambodia on cooperation in the field of medicine and health.
8. Union Cabinet approved the Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) signed between India and Japan on Cooperation in the field of Information and Communication Technologies.
1. Another terrorist attack in the French city of Nice on Thursday (October 29), a knife-wielding man shouting “Allahu Akbar” (God is Greatest) beheaded a woman and killed two other people in a church. A defiant President Emmanuel Macron vowed to deploy thousands of more soldiers to protect important French sites, such as places of worship and schools.
2. On the 16th of this month, a school teacher, Samuel Patty, was killed for using a cartoon of Prophet Mohammed to explain to his class about the freedom of expression. A few years ago, a French magazine Charlie Hebdo had published these cartoons.
3. India stands with France in fight against terrorism, assures PM Narendra Modi; condemns recent terrorist attacks
4. A Saudi man was arrested in Jeddah after attacking and injuring a guard with a “sharp tool” at the French consulate on Thursday, Saudi state TV reported. The French Embassy said the consulate was subject to an “attack by a knife which targeted a guard”, adding the guard was taken to hospital and his life was not in danger.
5. A study of over 200 COVID-19 cases in a hospital in Spain found that about 80% patients had vitamin D deficiency.
6. The government of Bangladesh has extended the closure of educational institutions till Nov. 14 . Earlier, the educational institutions were closed till October 31
7. Coronavirus Cases:
1. IPL ; 2020
Thursday, 29th October 2020
CHENNAI SUPER KINGS – 178/4 won by 5 wicket’s
KOLKATA KNIGHT RIDERS – 172/5
2. Friday, 30th October 2020
KINGS XI PUNJAB
19:30 IST (14:00 GMT), 18:00 LOCAL
Match 50 Zayed Cricket Stadium, Abu Dhabi.
3. Faiza Heidar grew up playing soccer in the streets with the boys and went on to captain Egypt`s national women`s team. Now she has become the first woman to train one of the country`s professional men`s clubs.
4. Indian men’s badminton player Lakshya Sen who was due to play the SaarLorLux Open in Germany this week has pulled out of the event after his coach DK Sen tested positive for Covid-19.
USD 74.51 💷GBP 96.30
🥇Gold ₹52,500@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹62,100@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 88.76
⛽ Diesel ₹ 78.05
LPG ₹ 600.00 /14.2 Kg
🇮🇳Facts about India🇮🇳
The Statue of Unity, the Iron Man of India, Sardar Vallabhai Patel, stands tall at 182 metres above the Narmada river.
The height of the statue is more than double the Statue of Liberty which stands at 93 metres off the coast of New York City and four times that of the Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio de Janeiro.
😀Thought of the day
If your INTENTION is powerful, your action will be powerful. If your action is powerful, your results will be powerful.
Joke of the day
Pappu roti ka 1 tukda khud kha raha tha aur 1 pass baithi murgi ko khila raha tha…
Frnd : “Ye kya kar raha hai?”
Pappu – “Chicken ke sath roti kha raha hu.
Shravan chal rahe hain na…
Norway is known as the land of Midnight sun
Eid-e-Milad is celebrated to commemorate the birth of Prophet Muhammad. Prophet Muhammad was born on the 12th day of rabee ul Awwal in Mecca in 570 CE.The festival is observed in the holy month of Rabi’ al-awwal.
Eid-e-Milad varies between the two branches of Islam-Sunnies and Shia Muslims. For Sunnis, the day is said to fall on the 12th day of the third month of the Islamic calendar called Rabi’ al-aawal. But Shias believe that Prophet Muhammad was actually born on the 17th day of the month.
आक्रमक : Attack
🤔 How it works ⁉
How does saliva form in the mouth?
Saliva is made by six groups of cells called salivary glands. The glands deliver the saliva into the mouth through ducts. Saliva is made up mostly of water. It also contains a lot of enzymes, which are special chemicals that help protect the mouth from infection and break down food for digestion. These glands are always making a little saliva, which keeps the mouth from drying out. They produce more saliva when food is in the mouth. In addition to helping to break down food, saliva lubricates the throat, and that makes swallowing easier.. The salivary glands sit inside each cheek, at the bottom of your mouth, and near your front teeth by the jaw bone.
💁🏻♂️ GK TODAY
The Russian ruble or rouble is the currency of the Russian
🛕 VEDIK GNAN
Ganpati Bappa Morya ‘ – the chant every devotee chants : Bappa is a word that says father or lord .
The word Morya refers to a famous devotee of Lord Ganesh in the fourteenth century called Morya Gosavi, from Chinchvad, near Pune
He was a great devotee of Ganesha. He was originally from a village called Shaligram in Karnataka. He built the Mayureshwar temple at Morgaon, near Pune. The starting of the Ashtavinayak pilgrimage is attributed to him. The words Ganapati Bappa Morya are attributed to him. He was a contemporary of Chattrapati Shahu Maharaj and Peshwa Balaji Vishwanath Bhatt. He took sanjeevan samadhi at Chinchwad, Pune.”
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Dates contain several vitamins and minerals, in addition to fiber and antioxidants. Dates may promote and ease natural labor for pregnant women when consumed during the last few weeks of pregnancy.
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼