Today’s top news: 28 Oct
FreshToHome Raises $121 Million In Series C Funding Led By ICD
Cognizant Appoints Rajesh Nambiar As Chairman, India Managing Director
Happiest Minds IPO Contributes Total Of 2 Million Meals To Akshaya Patra Foundation
Walmart Vriddhi Brings Digitally Enhanced Learning Experience To Train MSMEs
Qualcomm Unveils Immersive Home Platform for Next-Generation Mesh Wi-Fi Networks
Volkswagen India Launches Connected Car Tech My Volkswagen Connect
Oracle Named Leader In IDC MarketScape: APEJ Cloud Data Analytics Platform
PMJDY Accounts Reaches 41.05 crore With Total Balance Of Rs 1.31 Lakh Crore: SBI
1. All Indians can now buy land in Jammu and Kashmir. The Centre on Tuesday cleared the decks for people from across the country to buy land in Jammu and Kashmir by amending several laws, a move which mainstream political parties in the union territory said was akin to putting the erstwhile state up “for sale”.
2. Before the repeal of Article 370 and Article 35-A in August last year, non-residents could not buy any immovable property in Jammu and Kashmir. The latest changes have paved the way for non-residents to buy land in the union territory.
3. BJP MP Jyotiraditya Scindia on Tuesday said he met his former colleague and senior Congress leader Sachin Pilot in Gwalior and that he is welcome to the state to campaign for the November 3 by-elections . Pilot arrived in Madhya Pradesh for a two-day visit on Tuesday morning to campaign for Congress candidates in Gwalior, Shivpuri, Bhind and Morena districts of the state.
4. The Supreme Court says that the Allahabad High Court will monitor the CBI probe into the Hathras alleged gang-rape case
5. First phase of Bihar assembly elections on Wednesday : More than two crore voters in Bihar will decide the fate of 1,066 candidates on Wednesday across 71 assembly segments in the first phase of elections
6. Thoothukudi father-son custodial death case: The CBI chargesheet in case says that has said in a chargesheet on the custodial deaths that the father-son duo – Jeyaraj and J Bennix – suffered brutal torture for more than 7 hours. Jeyaraj, 59, and his son Benniks, 31, were beaten so brutally that blood was splattered on the walls of the police station, forensic evidence revealed.
7. Punjab Congress MLA Sushil Rinku met with an accident at Jadla in Nawanshahr while he was heading from Jalandhar to Chandigarh in his vehicle. Rinku, legislator from Jalandhar (West), suffered minor injuries and is under treatment at a private hospital. His gunman and driver have been hospitalised too.
8. The researchers from IIT Guwahati developed a low-cost method to produce anti-ageing compounds . The compound has been developed from a wide range of agricultural resources such as pulses, tea, berries, orange peels, parsley, onion and sea buckthorn
9. Lawyers practicing in different courts and registered clerks of advocates are permitted to travel from Tuesday in special Mumbai suburban trains that are currently operating,. The permission will take effect on October 27 and will be in force till November 23, 2020,
10. Legendary Bengali actor Soumitra Chatterjee (85 yrs) was put on ventilator support as his condition worsened further.
11. Probing the Bollywood drug nexus, the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) on Tuesday raided actor Deepika Padukone’s manager Karishma Prakash’s residence in Mumbai . The NCB has seized nearly 1.8 gms of Hashish from her residence. Prakash was summoned by the central investigative agency earlier.
12. Rhea Chakraborty on Tuesday requested the Bombay high court to dismiss a petition filed by late actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s two sisters to quash the FIR lodged against them for forging and procuring fake medical prescription for their brother.
13. Indian Army observes Infantry Day on October 27, 2020. : The 74th ‘Infantry Day’ to mark landing of the Indian Army in Srinagar on this day in 1947 to thwart attempts of the Pakistani troops and raiders to grab Kashmir was celebrated on Tuesday across the Union Territories (UTs) of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh with traditional solemnity and reverence.
14. ITBP gets nod to set up 47 new outposts on India-China border : In wake of the Galwan Valley clash between Indian and Chinese troops amid tensions on the Line of Actual Control, the government has given approval to the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) to set up 47 Border Outposts (BoPs) to step up vigil along the border.
15. The Income tax Department has carried out a search and seizure action on 26.10.2020 on a large network of individuals running the racket of entry operation and generation of huge cash through fake billing. The search operations have been conducted on 42 premises across Delhi- NCR, Haryana, Punjab, Uttarakhand and Goa. So far, documents evidencing accommodation entries of more than Rs. 500 crore have already been found and seized.
16. Union minister Ramdas Athawale, whose ‘go corona, go’ chant became a national sensation, on Tuesday tested coronavirus positive
17. Coronavirus Cases:
1. Indo-US joint statement after the nations inked the strategic defence pact. Defence Minister Rajnath Singh after the 2+2 India-US Ministerial Dialogue: Our military to military cooperation is progressing very well. In a two-day meeting, we also explored probable capacity building and other joint cooperation activities in third countries including our neighbourhood and beyond.
2. India Post and US Postal Service signed agreement for electronic exchange of data related to postal shipments. Based on the agreement, the respective bodies will transmit and receive electronic data of international postal items before their arrival. This will help the customs to clear the postal items well in advance, that even before the shipment reaches the port.
3. Lok Sabha Speaker leads the Indian Parliamentary Delegation to attend 6th BRICS Parliamentary Forum. Theme: “Global Stability, General Safety and Innovative Growth: Parliamentary dimension”.
4. Chief of the banned Hizbul Mujahideen Syed Sallahudin and founders of Indian Mujahideen outfit Bhatkal brothers are among the 18 people who have been designated as “terrorists” under the anti-terror law,
5. Indian Parliamentary delegation under the leadership of Lok Sabha speaker Om Birla attended the sixth BRICS Parliamentary Forum. It was chaired by the Chairman of State Duma of the Federal Assembly of Russia. The speakers and members of other BRICS parliaments such as Brazil, China and South Africa participated in the meeting.
6. The aggregate population of BRICS makes up to 42% of the global population. It was formed in 2009. The New Development Bank is the BRICS bank that was established in 2014. The headquarters of the bank is located in Shanghai, China.
7. The eighth round of military talks between India and China will focus on finalising the exact locations of the buffer zones to be created along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in eastern Ladakh with an aim to work out a partial disengagement of troops over the next three weeks before the heavy winter sets in,
8. As many as 362 Indian migrants to the Gulf region were released from jails in Saudi Arabia and reached India a couple of days ago. The workers belong to various states,
As many as 150 Indian workers from Jeddah and 212 from Riyadh prison were released and brought to India. Most of the workers landed in jail due to petty crimes like signal breaking, illegal vegetable/ water sales, lockdown violations. These occurred mainly due to ignorance of local laws. Migrant workers from Pakistan, Bangladesh and Indonesia were also facing the same situation.
Tamil Nadu minister, others condemn Sri Lankan navy attack on fishermen : 3,600 fishermen in 600 boats fishing in Bay of Bengal were attacked with stones, glass bottles. It left two persons injured and led to a heavy loss of fishing equipment worth several lakhs
1. A powerful bomb blast ripped through a seminary in northwest Pakistan’s Peshawar city on Tuesday, killing at least seven children and wounding 70 others
2. White House says chances slim on Covid-19 pandemic aid deal before presidential election : The White House on Tuesday tamped down expectations for a major coronavirus relief package to be agreed upon by the Nov. 3 US presidential election, White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany said the proposal from Pelosi’s Democrats included stimulus checks for immigrants who are in the United States illegally.
3. Democrat Joe Biden was campaigning in the once reliably Republican state of Georgia on Tuesday and President Donald Trump was hopscotching across the Midwest as the US election campaign entered its final week.
4. US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo will travels to Sri Lanka on Tuesday for a two-day visit during which he will hold talks with the top Lankan leadership, as America seeks to balance China’s growing influence in the region and to advance the common goals for a free and open Indo-Pacific.
5. China backs illegal drugs-arms trade and casinos along Thai-Myanmar border :
Myanmar’s ties with China could run into rough weather over yet another controversial and illegal cross-border venture. Post-elections the Myanmar government may launch a probe into illegal drugs trade and casinos run by Chinese nationals at Shwe Kokko, a village in Myanmar’s Karen State’s Myawaddy Township near the Thai border.
6. The Russian Direct Investment Fund, (RDIF), Russia’s sovereign wealth fund), has submitted applications to the World Health Organization (WHO) for accelerated registration (Emergency Use Listing, EUL) and prequalification of Sputnik V, the potential Covid vaccine.
7. CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
ACTIVE CASES 10,548,303
1. 27th October 2020
SUNRISERS HYDERABAD- 219/2(20 over) won by 88 runs
DELHI CAPITALS – 131
2. Wednesday, 28th October 2020
ROYAL CHALLENGERS BANGALORE
19:30 IST (14:00 GMT), 18:00 LOCAL
Match 48 Zayed Cricket Stadium, Abu Dhabi
USD 73.75 💷GBP 96.36
🥇Gold ₹52,920@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹61,800@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 87.73
⛽ Diesel ₹ 78.82
Non-Subsidised LPG cylinders ₹ 615.00
🇮🇳Facts about India🇮🇳
Jyotirao Govindrao Phule(11 April 1827 – 28 November 1890). He and his wife, Savitribai Phule, were pioneers of women’s education in India. He is most known for his efforts to educate women and the lower castes as well as the masses. After educating his wife, he opened the first school for girls in India in August 1848.
😀Thought of the day
Winners see possibilities;
Losers see problems
Joke of the day
Pappu : Dhuniya mein sab se dukhi aadmi koun hai ?
Frnd – panipuri wala !
Pappu – kaise?
Frnd : kyuki ladki kuwari ho ya married “BHAIYA” hi bulati hai.
😇 GK Today 💤
World Bank , in full World Bank Group, international organization affiliated with the United Nations (UN) and designed to finance projects that enhance the economic development of member states. Headquartered in Washington, D.C.,Formation: July 1944;
Why male will get baldness 👴🏻but not female???????
As man reaches to 50s. He gets hair loss, bcoz, enzymes in male body converts testosterone into di-hydro testosterone. This hormone is responsible for hair loss. But its take long time for conversion, so during oldage it hits. But in few cases it is vary. It is due to heriditary or climatic conditions. In case of women, their bodies dont have much testosterones.
(पिबति), pibaami (पिबामि), pibasi (पिबसि) means drinking
🤔 How it works ⁉
The principle of the working of the hydraulic JCB is PASCAL’s LAW. This law states that when a pressure is applied at one point of a fluid contained in a constrained volume, then the pressure due to that force is equally transmitted to all the points of the fluid, which are acted upon by the same pressure.
Hydraulic systems work by using pressurized fluid to power an engine. These hydraulic presses put pressure on a small amount of fluid in order to generate a large amount of power. … That pressure forces it against a piston on the other side of the container.
Hydraulic systems use the pump to push hydraulic fluid through the system to create fluid power. The fluid passes through the valves and flows to the cylinder where the hydraulic energy converts back into mechanical energy. The valves help to direct the flow of the liquid and relieve pressure when needed.
💁🏻♂️ GK TODAY
ASEAN The Association of Southeast Asian Nations is a regional intergovernmental organization comprising ten countries in Southeast Asia. ASEAN was established on 8 August 1967 .
🛕 VEDIK GNAN
The Saptarishis, the seven ancient sages of the Rigveda.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
According to traditional Ayurveda, sugarcane juice is a boon to strengthen your liver and a proven remedy for jaundice . The antioxidants in sugarcane juice protect the liver against infection and maintain the bilirubin levels in control.
Sugarcane juice is rich in antioxidants so it helps fights infections and boost the immunity. It’s rich in iron, magnesium, calcium and other electrolytes so it’s great for dehydration. It helps cure the common cold and other infections and also fight fever as it boosts the body’s protein levels.
Team NFA Post
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼