🙏Shuboudhay – NFA Post🙏
Today’s top news:16 Oct
- The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) Result 2020 will be announced on Friday (October 16) by the National Testing Agency (NTA). check results at ntaneet.nic.in
- PM Modi took a review meeting of the research and vaccine deployment ecosystem against the COVID-19 pandemic including testing technologies, contact tracing, drugs and therapeutics.
- J-K parties come together to bring back special status: Mainstream political parties in Jammu and Kashmir on Thursday held a meeting and formed an alliance for restoration of the special status of the erstwhile state as it existed before August 5 last year and also to initiate a dialogue between all stakeholders in the issue. NC chief Farooq Abdullah said that the Centre must restore J&K’s special status
- The meeting was held at the residence of National Conference president Farooq Abdullah and attended by People’s Democratic Party president Mehbooba Mufti, People’s Conference chairman Sajad Lone, Peoples Movement leader Javaid Mir and Communist Party of India-Marxist leader Mohammad Yousuf Tarigami.
- Heavy rains batter Maharashtra, 3 die in Pune; Mumbai hit too.
- Government has requested all citizens to connect with the cause of war-widows, Ex-Servicemen, wards of the martyred soldiers and contribute generously to Armed Forces Flag Day Fund in solidarity with the soldiers and their next of Kin or dependents. Contributions to Armed Forces Flag Day Fund are exempt from Income Tax under Section 80G(5)(vi) of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- PM Modi took a review meeting of the research and vaccine deployment ecosystem against the COVID-19 pandemic including testing technologies, contact tracing, drugs.
- Union Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari began the ZojiLa Tunnel works with ceremonial blast, at ZojiLa in Kargil district on Thursday. The tunnel is strategically important for all weather movement of troops on National Highway No. 1 It reduce travel time from 3 hrs to 15 mins
- The Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan launched second phase of Thalassemia Bal Sewa Yojana . The scheme was launched for the Thalassemia patients. It is a blood disorder that creates less haemoglobin than normal body. It reduces the ability of Red Blood Cells to carry oxygen. It can lead to anaemia. The scheme aims to provide one-time cure for Haemoglobinopathies such as sickle cell disease and Thalassaemia for patients who have matched family donors. It is funded by the Coal India Corporate Social Responsibility programme called the “Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation Programme”.
- Heavy rains & Worst spells of downpour spanning over a few days in Hyderabad and other parts of Telangana, 50 people died while the government pegged the losses from the deluge at an estimated Rs 5,000 crore.
- Reprising the Karnataka Waqf Board scam, the 2012 report by the Karnataka Minorities Commission was tabled in the state Assembly on Thursday. The tabled report shows that 29,000 of the 54,000 acres of Karnataka Waqf land was neither used to help poor Muslims and neither a hospital was built but it was used for commercial interests, as revealed by BJP MP Rajeev Chandrashekhar
- The Ministry of Food Processing and the ministry of Railways have jointly provided subsidised rate of 50% for freight transportation of perishable agriculture produce such as vegetables and fruits. The step is being implemented to boost Operation Green. Operation Green is implemented by Ministry of Food Processing.
- Lauding the Assam government’s to shut down state-run madrassas, Maharashtra BJP MLA Atul Bhatkhalkar on Thursday, wrote to CM Uddhav Thackeray to emulate it. He claimed that this should be done so that Muslim community students can get modern education.
- A court in Amravati on Thursday sentenced Maharashtra minister Yashomati Thakur to three months rigorous imprisonment in an eight-year-old case of assault on a policeman and also imposed a fine of Rs 15,500.
- When there is a ban on exit polls, prediction of poll results in the media by astrologers, tarot readers and analysts is a violation of the electoral law, the Election Commission said
- Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari flags off Special Kisan Rail ‘Nagpur-Adarsh Nagar New Delhi’ carrying oranges
- Tax Bar Association, Bhilwara has requested Smt. Nirmala Sitaraman, Hon’ble Finance Minister to further extend the due date of filing tax audit report to 28 February 2021 and Income tax return filing to 31 March at the earliest.
- The Supreme Court on Thursday said the Allahabad high court be allowed to deal with the Hathras case in which a Dalit girl was allegedly brutally raped and died of injuries.
- PM Modi declares his assets. All about where he has invested his personal wealth : PM Modi’s wealth is worth nearly ₹2.85 crore as of June 30, 2020, up from ₹2.49 crore worth of assets declared by him in 2019. The increase in assets is largely due to increase in his bank balance and addition in the value of his bank fixed deposits.
- New Time Table From 1 December: Indian Railways To Discontinue 10,200 Station Halts And 600 Trains To Boost Efficiency
- Cabinet approves STARS (Strengthening Teaching-Learning and Results for States) project for school education in six states; partially funded by World Bank.
- Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray on Thursday said attempts to malign and “finish off” the Hindi film industry or “to shift it” will not be tolerated. Thackeray’s statement came against the backdrop of probe by multiple agencies into actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s death and its media coverage which was seen by some as a deliberate campaign to target Bollywood.
- Flight Lieutenant Gunjan Saxena tells Delhi High Court that she faced no discrimination on the basis of her gender during her service with the Indian Air Force. Delhi High Court on September 18 had asked real-life Gunjan Saxena to submit an affidavit stating her assessment of the content shown in the Netflix movie Gunjan Saxena: The Kargil Girl.
- Costume designer Bhanu Athaiya, India’s first Oscar winner, died at her home on Thursday after prolonged illness, her daughter said. She was 91.
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has said that it can develop a complete hypersonic cruise missile system in the next four to five years which will have the capability to strike its targets at speeds at least double than that of world`s present fastest BrahMos supersonic cruise missile.
- An Indian Air Force team, led by a two-star officer, is currently in France to review the progress of the Rafale project even as the second batch of fighters is set to reach their home base in Ambala in the next few weeks.
- Commerce companies expect $7 billion business during this festival season
- Foodtech Unicorn Zomato has raised $52 million from US-based Kora Investments
- GST compensation: Centre to borrow ₹1.1 lakh crore to meet the shortfall
- India is witnessing V-shaped recovery, govt steps to spur economic growth: FM
- Exports Rise for the first time in seven month, up almost 6% in September; Imports down 19.6%, trade deficit declines 77%
- Global sell-off, re-lockdown fear: 5 reasons why Sensex slipped 1066 points
- Personal data of Bharatmatrimony users breached says security firm Cable Inc
- Centre supports Facebook in the SC row with Delhi Assembly one summons
- IMF warns global economy could be permanently scarred
- IT company Persistent Systems to acquire-Polo Alto-based Cpapibit
- New LandRover Defender launched
- Facebook, Instagram to influence festive sales
- Renewables Investments Can Surge 35%, Says CRISIL Report
- Over 3 lakh Passengers Availed redBus For 2nd October Long Weekend
- Nokia, Google Cloud Sign Agreement To Transform Nokia’s Digital Infrastructure
Coronavirus Cases :
- India and China are engaged in talks to resolve the border standoff and what is going on is ‘something confidential’ between the two sides, External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar said.
- China is rotating its troops on the banks of Pangong Tso, and creating, for the first time, permanent barracks in Ngari in Tibet, it seems that Beijing is readying to dig in for the winter, never mind the several rounds of talks that have been taking place.
- India and France were re-elected as the President and Co-President of the International Solar Alliance (ISA), for a term of two years at the virtual meeting of the Third Assembly, informed the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy.
- President Ram Nath Kovind, received a telephone call on Thursday from Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov, the President of Turkmenistan . The leaders agreed on the immense potential that exists in trade and economic spheres and noted the success of joint collaboration between Indian and Turkmen companies, particularly in the pharmaceutical sector.
- Maldives to Moscow — India prepares for brave new Biden world: Army chief M.M. Naravane is being sent to Nepal to repair brotherly ties between the Indian and Nepalese armies – since time immemorial, the two army chiefs have held honorary ranks of General in the fighting force of the other.
- India to deliver Kilo Class submarine INS Sindhuvir to Myanmar Navy
- Last week, India’s ambassador to Bangladesh, Vikram Doraiswamy, drove from Tripura to Dhaka and went straight to the home of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rehman and paid homage at the site where he was brutally massacred. Earlier this week, Dhaka announced it would not co-fund Chinese trials of the Sinovac vaccine in Bangladesh.
- Chinese capital city Beijing has tightened the entry of people from Qingdao after it reported five close contacts linked to confirmed COVID-19 cases in east China city.
- Every year International Day of Rural Women is celebrated on October 15 by the United Nations and various other international organizations.
- India on Thursday told off Beijing for its repeated complaints about infrastructure projects on the Indian side of the border with a clear warning, asserting that China should not comment on India’s internal matters just as it expects other countries to steer clear of its internal affairs
- World Bank approves $12 bn to help developing countries get Covid vaccines .
- Tanzania’s government is hoping helicopters and planes will help put out a fire raging on Mt. Kilimanjaro, Africa’s tallest mountain at 19,443 feet (5,926 meters). The fire has burned 28 square kilometers (11 square miles) of vegetation and is very active in an area known as Kifunika Hill. The fire started on Sunday afternoon in the Whona area, a tourist stopover for those climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro and using the Mandara and Horombo routes. The cause is still unknown.
- Afghanistan forces foil Taliban attempt to capture Helmand, JeM terrorists involved in attack. Taliban’s plot to capture Lashkargarh city of Afghanistan has been foiled by the Afghani forces. This is the first massive attack by the Taliban since a peace deal was signed with the US this year. Hundreds of Jaish-e-Mohammad terrorists have also been seen in Helmand
- Pakistan will celebrate the 551th birth anniversary of Sikh faith’s founder Guru Nanak Dev from November 28 to 30
- Coronavirus Cases:
ACTIVE CASES 8,611,471
- IPL 2020 : Thursday, 15th October 2020
ROYAL CHALLENGERS BANGALORE 171/6
KINGS XI PUNJAB 177/2
Punjab beat Bangalore by 8 wickets . The struggling Punjab unit is currently placed at the bottom of the Dream11 IPL 2020 points table as they have managed to win just one game out of their seven matches so far.
- Double world championship bronze medalist boxer and Olympic quota winner Lovlina Borgohain and para-archer Ankit have tested positive for the COVID-19 virus
- IPL 2020 : Friday, 16th October 2020
KOLKATA KNIGHT RIDERS
19:30 IST (14:00 GMT), 18:00 LOCAL
Match 32 Zayed Cricket Stadium, Abu Dhabi.
- The Sports Ministry has issued Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for use of swimming pools for sports persons. The Home Ministry had allowed swimming pools to open for the purpose of training from 15 October.
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) has condoled the demise of former New Zealand skipper John Reid, who breathed his last at the age of 92 on Wednesday.
USD 73.45 💷GBP 94.86
🥇Gold ₹52,250@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹65,800@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 88.61
⛽ Diesel ₹ 78.10
🇮🇳Facts about India🇮🇳
Ajanta and Ellora caves, considered to be one of the finest examples of ancient rock-cut caves are located near Aurangabad in the state of Maharashtra, India. Adorned with beautiful sculptures, paintings and frescoes, Ajanta and Ellora caves are an amalgamation of Buddhist, Jain and Hindu monuments
Ellora, also called Verul or Elura, is the short form of the ancient name Elapura. … In the Indian tradition, each cave is named and has a suffix Guha (Sanskrit), Lena or Leni (Marathi), meaning cave.
It was built during 757-783 AD by Krishna I who was the uncle of Dantidurga. Built during the 6th to 8th century in the Kalachuris period, the Hindu Caves were built in two phases. Caves 14, 15 , 16 were built in the Rashtrakuta period.
😀Thought of the day
I am never in control of what happens around me, but i am always in control of what happens within me.
Joke of the day
A Friend! 2 Pappu
Yar suna hi ki 2020 tk duniya khatm hojye gi
Pappu : 🤔Aisa Kisa hoga yaar. Asa nhi hoga my ne kal washing machine khridi hy us pe 2024 tk ki guarnty hi.😟
Why some vehicles exhaust black smoke
The black smoke is composed primarily of elemental carbon from incomplete combustion of diesel fuel and traces of engine lubricant. … Over-fueling can be caused by diesel fuel injector wear that enlarges the nozzle hole or erodes the injector needle and allows excess fuel to flow into the combustion chamber.
नवीन Naveen : New
प्रवीण Praveen : expert
🤔 How it works ⁉
How candle wax is made.
The most common type of candles are made from paraffin wax which is a flammable, whitish, translucent, waxy solid consisting of a mixture of saturated hydrocarbons, obtained by distillation from petroleum or shale and used in candles, cosmetics, polishes, and sealing and waterproofing compounds.
Soy candles tend to burn the longest, like Ana said because they burn at a lower temperature. Soy candles are candles made from soy wax, which is a processed form of soybean oil. They are usually container candles, because soy wax typically has a lower melting point than traditional waxes, but can also be made into pillar candles if certain additives are mixed into the soy wax. Soy candles are not toxic like paraffin wax candles
💁🏻♂️ GK TODAY
Asia is the largest continent in the world both by area and population, and the continent covers an area of 17.212 million square miles, with a total population of 4.164 billion people. Asia is made up of 48 countries, as well as 6 non-UN states, and 6 dependent territories.
🛕 VEDIK GNAN
According to Vedas
Navagraha are nine heavenly bodies (as well as deities) that influence human life on Earth and astrology. The term is derived from Navgrah :
( नव “nine”) and graha (ग्रह “planet,).
The Navagraha are:
Surya : the Sun
Chandra : the Moon
Mangala : Mars
Budha : Mercury
Bṛhaspati : Jupiter
Shukra : Venus
Shani : Saturn
Rahu : Shadow body associated with the ascending (or north) lunar node
Ketu : Shadow body associated with the descending (or south) lunar node.
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Cucumber has such a high water content, it can also moisturize the area under the eyes when it’s used as a treatment. One clinical trial indicated that cucumber juice would be an effective ingredient in products used to prevent wrinkles because it helps restore skin’s natural elasticity.
Team NFA Post
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼