· All-new compact SUV is powered with new powerful K-Series 1.5 litre, four-cylinder Petrol Engine with choice of seamless Manual Transmission (MT)/Automatic Transmission (AT)
· All AT variants equipped with Advanced Lithium-Ion Battery with Integrated Starter Generator (ISG) comprisingTorque Assist Function, Idle Start Stop Function, Brake Energy Regeneration Function for enhanced fuel efficiency
· Distinct and dynamic Two-Slat Wedge Cut Front Grille with Chrome Surrounds & Grey Finish with trapezoidal bold fog area and R16 Diamond Cut Alloy Wheels for a wide and strong SUV presence
- An LED light package comprising dual-chamber LED Projector Headlamps with dual-function LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL) cum indicators, LED Fog Lamps, LED Rear Split Type Tail Lamps and LED High-mounted Stop Lamp toprovide great looks and safer drive
· Dual Front Airbags, Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD) and Advanced Body Structure for ensuring the utmost safety of passengers
Bengaluru, NFAPost: Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) launched its youngest SUV, the all-new Toyota Urban Cruiser to fortify its offerings in the segment and further cater to its growing number of young customers.
The Toyota Urban Cruiser is the second model to be launched in India under the global Toyota-Suzuki alliance following the emphatic success of the premium hatchback, the Toyota Glanza.
The #UrbanCruiser is designed for today’s young achievers who are aspirational and believe in the concept that #RespectStandsTall.
The much-awaited compact SUV was launched in a stellar event today graced by TKM Managing Director Masakazu Yoshimura, Senior Vice President, Sales and Service Naveen Soni and Vice President, Sales and Marketing Tadashi Asazuma.
The special guest of honour, youth icon and popular Indian superstar and singer Ayushmann Khurrana, also took part in the launch event and spoke about his inspiring journey from being a Radio Jockey to a successful actor.
The all-new Urban Cruiser will feature the new powerful K-Series 1.5 litre four-cylinder Petrol Engine and will be available in a choice of Manual Transmission (MT) and Automatic Transmission (AT) with a superior fuel efficiency of 17.03 kmpl and 18.76 kmpl respectively.
The compact SUV offers all the high-end features that customers today seek in their cars. Moreover, it offers an early entry into the Toyota SUV family for the young and comes with Toyota’s famed global standards of sales and after-sales service.
As always, safety is a top priority for Toyota – the Urban Cruiser offers Dual Front Airbags, ABS with EBD, Advanced Body Structure, Electrochromic IRVM, Hill Hold Control, Reverse Parking Camera with Display in Audio and ISOFIX Child Seat Restraint System.
Sharing his views on the launch of Toyota Urban Cruiser, TKM Managing Director Masakazu Yoshimura said Toyota’s entry into the compact SUV space comes at a time when the segment has gained much popularity due to its body type and superior road presence thereby garnering greater connect and appeal among today’s youth.
“At TKM, the focus is always on delivering the best products and services to our customers who have remained loyal to the brand over the years while looking for ways to welcome more customers, particularly the youth, to the Toyota family. The launch of the all-new Toyota Urban Cruiser is an important step in that direction,” said TKM Managing Director Masakazu Yoshimura.
TKM Managing Director Masakazu Yoshimura said it the company’s ambition to enable more people to buy and experience a Toyota vehicle and renowned after-sales service, which is a differentiator for Toyota in this segment.
“We will continue to emphasize on introducing ever-better cars, better technologies and environment-friendly products and services. Our alliance with Suzuki allows us to surge ahead on that path while building a self-sustaining local ecosystem of suppliers and partners,” said TKM Managing Director Masakazu Yoshimura.
Speaking on the new offering, TKM Sales and Service Senior Vice President Naveen Soni said the company is truly humbled by the faith reposed by the customers who made the bookings without even knowing the price points and the full list of features.
“To demonstrate our gratitude and provide an early-movers advantage for customers who pre-booked the Urban Cruiser, we recently announced the ‘Respect Package’, no-cost periodic maintenance for up to two years (or 20,000 kms whichever is earlier), that our customers are appreciating. Further, we are confident that the all-new Toyota Urban Cruiser will exceed their expectations and delight them in every aspect, be it performance, comfort and convenience or safety,” said TKM Sales and Service Senior Vice President Naveen Soni.
TKM Sales and Service Senior Vice President Naveen Soni said the company is glad to bring its new offering in time for customers to make their festive season purchase decisions.
“We are anticipating increased demand for SUVs in the coming months and years ahead. The Toyota Urban Cruiser will play an important role in catering to this demand particularly from first-time Toyota buyers who are brand conscious and want to experience an international brand,” said TKM Sales and Service Senior Vice President Naveen Soni.
Bookings for the Toyota Urban Cruiser are open. Customers can either book the car online (www.toyotabharat.com) or visit their nearest Toyota dealership.
· Alluring and plush dual-tone Dark Brown Premium Interiors, ergonomically laid out and wide spacious cabin for added comfort
· Complete entertainment and connected experience with Smart Playcast touchscreen audio with Android Auto/Apple Carplay and Smartphone-based Navigation and reverse parking camera
· Rain Sensing Wipers, Cruise Control and Electrochromic Inside Rear View Mirror (IRVM) to add to amazing comfort and convenience
· In addition to top-end features, smart entry with an engine push start and stop button and Auto AC are standard features across all variants
· All-new Urban Cruiser available in exclusive to Toyota mono-tone colour of Rustic Brown and special dual-tone colours – Rustic Brown with Sizzling Black Roof and Groovy Orange with Sunny White Roof
· Also available in a range of other eye-catching mono-tone colours – Suave Silver, Groovy Orange, Iconic Grey, Spunky Blue and Sunny White and exciting dual-tone Spunky Blue with Sizzling Black Roof
· Price ranges from Rs. 840,000 to Rs. 11,30,000 (Ex-showroom, Delhi)
· Dual Tone, available only in the premium variant of both MT & AT options, are priced at Rs. 998,000 and Rs. 11,55,000 respectively
· The best-in-class Petrol fuel efficiency of 18.76 kmpl for the Automatic variant
· The Urban Cruiser is backed by a superior warranty of 3 years or 1 lakh km, whichever comes earlier
|GRADE||Mid MT||High MT||Premium MT||Mid AT||High AT||Premium AT|
|PRICES||Rs. 840,000||Rs. 915,000||Rs. 980,000||Rs. 980,000||Rs. 10,65,000||Rs. 11,30,000|
· All-New K-Series 1.5 L, 4 Cylinder Gasoline Engine
· Choice of MT or AT on all grades
· All AT variants equipped with advanced Lithium-Ion Battery with ISG comprising Torque Assist Function, Idle Start Stop Function, Brake Energy Regeneration Function for enhanced fuel efficiency
· Superior Fuel Efficiency of 17.03 kmpl (MT) and 18.76 kmpl (AT)*
· Advanced Body Structure to ensure superior crash resiliency, higher rigidity and better Noise Vibration and Harshness (NVH) performance
· Dual Chamber LED Projector Headlamps with Chrome Accents
· Two-Slat Wedge Cut Front Grille with Chrome Surrounds & Grey Finish
· Dual Function LED DRL & Turn Indicator in Headlamps
· Split LED Rear Combination Lamps
· Front LED Fog lamps with Chrome Accents
· 16-inch Diamond Cut Alloy Wheels
· Gun Metal Grey Finished Roof Rails
· Stylish Dual Tone Exterior
Safety & Security Features:
· Dual Front Airbags
· ABS with EBD
· Advanced Body Structure
· Electrochromic IRVM
· Hill Hold Control
· Reverse Parking Camera with Display in Audio
· ISOFIX Child Seat Restraint System
· Anti-Pinch Driver Side Power Window
· Dual Tone Interior
· New 17.78 cm Smart Playcast Touchscreen Audio (with Android Auto/Apple Carplay) and Smartphone-based Navigation
· Premium Dark Brown Fabric Seats
· 4 Door Speakers and 2 Tweeters
· Front Centre Sliding Armrest with Storage
· Combimeter Vibe Lights (5 colours)
· Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
· Upper Cooled Glove Box
Comfort & Convenience:
· Smart Entry with Engine Push Start/Stop button
· Rain Sensing Wipers
· Auto AC
· 60:40 Split Rear Seats and Rear Seat Flip and Fold
· Cruise Control
· Driver Seat Height Adjust
· Outside Rear-view Mirror Electric Adjust / Electric Retract & Auto fold on Lock
|Driving performanceAll-New K-Series 1.5 L, 4 Cylinder Gasoline Engine|
|Enhanced Performance· Advanced Body Structure to ensure superior crash resiliency, enhanced rigidity and improved NVH|
|Exterior Features· Dual Chamber LED Projector Headlamps with Chrome Accents· Two-Slat Wedge Cut Front Grille with Chrome Surrounds & Grey Finish· Dual Function LED DRL & Turn Indicator in Headlamps· 16-inch Diamond Cut Alloy Wheels|
|Safety & Security FeaturesDual Front AirbagsABS with EBDHill Hold ControlReverse Parking Camera with Displayin Audio|
|Interior FeaturesDual Tone InteriorNew 17.78 cm Smart Playcast Touchscreen Audio (with AA/AC)Premium Dark Brown Fabric Seats4 Door Speakers and 2 Tweeters|
|Comfort & ConvenienceSmart Entry with Engine Push Start / Stop buttonRain Sensing WipersAuto AC60:40 Split Rear Seats|