– Maximum Power, minimum consumption: The automatic variants of both the BS6 Polo & Vento continue to offer the desirable performance and acceleration that’s required for the Indian driving conditions
– The Legend is back: Volkswagen’s most loved Polo GT TSI returns to the Indian market with its right-sized 1.0l TSI engine mated to the 6-speed AT
– Benefits of the AT transmission: The BS6 Polo & Vento retain Volkswagen’s core DNA by offering a fun-to-drive experience, safety and build quality. The smooth & fast gear shift accentuates the comfort and driving experience
– Enhanced Accessibility: The new automatic transmission enhances the accessibility and cost of ownership for the customer
– Introductory price & deliveries: Comfort & convenience can now be bought at INR 9.67 Lakh for the Polo GT TSI (dual airbags) and at INR 12.99 Lakh for the Vento Highline Plus (Four airbags). Deliveries to begin from 15 September 2020
– 360° online booking experience: Customers can book their preferred Volkswagen carline through the online retail platform available of the brands’ website. For those preferring the physical retail experience can visit their nearest dealership. The dealer facilities continue to maintain the safety & sanitization guidelines under Volkswagen’s #VWellness initiative
Mumbai, NFAPost:The fun-to-drive experience returns to the Indian market as Volkswagen Passenger Cars India announced the start of bookings and prices of the top of the trims automatic variant of its best-selling carlines – BS6 Polo & Vento.
The legendary GT TSI and Vento Highline Plus is back at an introductory of Rs 9.67 Lakh and Rs 12.99 Lakh respectively. Both the carlines are now available with a 6-speed torque converter automatic transmission variant that retains its maximum power, minimum consumption philosophy.
The AT variants of both the BS6 Polo & Vento are powered by Volkswagen’s right-sized 1.0l TSI engine. Offering a power output of 110PS and 175Nm of torque, the Polo GT TSI comes equipped with dual airbags, black OVRM caps, GTI inspired seats and a black rear spoiler that highlights its dynamic and striking presence on the asphalt. On the Vento, for passenger safety & comfort, the Highline Plus variant comprises of four airbags, striking LED headlamps that offer a comfortable journey.
Speaking on the occasion, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India Director Steffen Knapp said Volkswagen brand philosophy is to be a premium accessible car manufacturer in India.
“With that intention, we are launching our automatic variant on the BS6 Polo & Vento. That will continue to offer customers the performance & enhanced fun-to-drive experience, resonating with its maximum power and minimum consumption ideology. With the introduction of the automatic variant, we are making our carlines more accessible for the Indian customers,” said Volkswagen Passenger Cars India Director Steffen Knapp.
“The smooth gearshift makes it perfect for the Indian driving conditions. The AT transmission also reduces the overall maintenance cost and positively enhances our total cost of ownership (TCO) experience,” said Volkswagen Passenger Cars India Director Steffen Knapp.
The BS6 AT variants of the Polo offer a fuel economy of 16.47 kmpl whereas for the Vento it would be 16.35 kmpl (ARAI) certified.
Prospective customers can now book their preferred Volkswagen through its 360° online retail experience available on the brands’ website. For those who continue to prefer the physical retail purchase process can visit the nearest dealership. Complete safety & sanitisation measures are undertaken at all facilities to ensure employee and customer safety.
Deliveries of the Polo GT TSI and Vento Highline Plus automatic transmission will begin from 15 September 2020.
Volkswagen, a leading carmaker in Europe, sells its broad model range, from the Up! to the Touareg, in more than 150 countries worldwide. The brand, globally, is forging ahead consistently with the further development of automobile production.
E-mobility, smart mobility and the digital transformation of the brand are the key strategic topics for the future. In 2019, the brand unveiled its first-ever e-mobility offering ID.3 for the European market, based on Volkswagen’s MEB platform. In India, Volkswagen currently offers the Polo, Vento, T-Roc and Tiguan Allspace.